Windows 10: Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10

Discus and support Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 issue: I write in English left to right. That is the default setting. Most times not everytime but enough to notice there's a problem,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NickiRand, Aug 12, 2019.

1. NickiRand Win User

Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10

Windows 10 issue: I write in English left to right. That is the default setting. Most times not everytime but enough to notice there's a problem,
    whenever I use Delete-Key or edit an email in Chrome gmail or sometimes in Word and other Office applications when I resume typing the direction has changed from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left. In order to keep typing in the correct direction, I have to right click and select direction left to right, even tho the direction is already checked "left to right." The issue occurs in word, gmail, when typing in the chrome website and other Office applications. The Windows 10 is uptodate and automatically installs updates.

:)

NickiRand, Aug 12, 2019
  2. NickiRand Win User

Writing changes direction after using delete key or editing text, even tho the writing direction is set to "left to right"

Windows 10: when I draft (in English, left to right) an email, word doc, excel doc, etc., or type in the browser window (chrome) and either delete and edit, or attempt to go back and edit the existing text, the direction changes to "right to left". I then
    right click on writing direction and it always shows that the direction is set "left to right". To fix the problem I have to click again on "left to right". The "default" setting under "writing direction" is dark.

All the Windows updates are installed and I've had this problem since I first got Windows 10 about 8 months ago. I'm using HP Pavilion. 64 bit OS, with touch screen. Thanks.

NickiR

NickiRand, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 12, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Typing changes direct

2. Editing Text in PAINT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing Text in PAINT: I titled a photo with typed text with the PAINT program. I saved the created file. Now, how can I remove the text from the photo and restore the original background? Thank you. Alex B....
  3. Text files changed back to different prior saves twice after edit

in Windows 10 Support
    Text files changed back to different prior saves twice after edit: Hey everyone, Since just over 2 moths I'm using Windows 10 and something really weird happened the other day I've never seen before in any Windows version. I have this txt file on my desktop plus a backup of it and I added some text in that file with Notepad, saved it and...
  4. Typing lines of text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Typing lines of text: At end of line of text how do I move cursor to next line and not use Enter or Shift key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-lines-of-text/f6e53a9f-9d5a-4074-81bd-68f6b5391dc8"
  5. Using existing pc for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using existing pc for windows 10: Processor AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 6.0 5.5 Determined by lowest subscore Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.5 Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7480D 6.6 Gaming graphics 1772 MB Total available graphics memory 6.6 Primary hard disk 812GB Free (931GB Total) This is a machine...
  6. Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz: Recently, a tech support from Microsoft changed the account type in my Windows 10 local account listed as (Other : Home Users, ?) to Administrator using the NETPLWIZ command. After he did some work on my computer, he changed the account type of the account back to (Other :...
  7. Text cursor moving in different directions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text cursor moving in different directions: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L50-B-23F laptop. Starting from yesterday, there has been odd behaviours with my text cursor, and when I try to click on anything. Some behaviour I've noticed: -My text cursor would keep moving left or right when I try to...
  8. cant type in text in windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant type in text in windows 10 desktop: cant type in text in windows 10 desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text/8163cf15-c0fb-4974-b18f-50aa1ac8bdc2
  9. How to type text for text-to-speech

in Windows 10 Support
    How to type text for text-to-speech: In Windows 8 and below you could type any text for the text-to-speech to read, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to let you do that. Is there a way to get this feature back? This is the dialog for those who don't remember: [img] 76644
  10. What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?: Hello In Windows10, what is the easiest way to change the case of existing text that I have selected? For some time now I have used Ditto as a paste buffer and which a brilliant way of giving you a chose of recent things you have copied. You CAN change the case too but...