Windows 10: Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10

Discus and support Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 issue: I write in English left to right. That is the default setting. Most times not everytime but enough to notice there's a problem,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NickiRand, Aug 12, 2019.

1. NickiRand Win User

Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10

Windows 10 issue: I write in English left to right. That is the default setting. Most times not everytime but enough to notice there's a problem,
    whenever I use Delete-Key or edit an email in Chrome gmail or sometimes in Word and other Office applications when I resume typing the direction has changed from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left. In order to keep typing in the correct direction, I have to right click and select direction left to right, even tho the direction is already checked "left to right." The issue occurs in word, gmail, when typing in the chrome website and other Office applications. The Windows 10 is uptodate and automatically installs updates.

:)

NickiRand, Aug 12, 2019
  2. NickiRand Win User

Writing changes direction after using delete key or editing text, even tho the writing direction is set to "left to right"

Windows 10: when I draft (in English, left to right) an email, word doc, excel doc, etc., or type in the browser window (chrome) and either delete and edit, or attempt to go back and edit the existing text, the direction changes to "right to left". I then
    right click on writing direction and it always shows that the direction is set "left to right". To fix the problem I have to click again on "left to right". The "default" setting under "writing direction" is dark.

All the Windows updates are installed and I've had this problem since I first got Windows 10 about 8 months ago. I'm using HP Pavilion. 64 bit OS, with touch screen. Thanks.

NickiR

NickiRand, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 12, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Typing changes direct after using delete key or editing existing text Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Typing changes direct

2. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  3. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  4. this typing cursor keeps on coming on non editable text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this typing cursor keeps on coming on non editable text: this cursor keeps on popping in edge and doesn't go away and i find this annoying. it even happens when i m watching something on netflix and it pops at subtitles....
  5. this typing cursor keeps on coming on non editable text

this typing cursor keeps on coming on non editable text: this cursor keeps on popping in edge and doesn't go away and i find this annoying. it even happens when i m watching something on netflix and it pops at subtitles....
  6. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete key works to delete text but not to delete files: for some reason delete works to delete text but not files in explorer. is there a fix for this? I have a MSI GF Series GF65 9SEXR-436CA Thin. if that matters...
  7. How to edit and change the target path of an existing Windows 10 Junction link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to edit and change the target path of an existing Windows 10 Junction link: I'm having a problem that appears to have stemmed from a fresh install of Windows 10. Somewhere during the install, user name "ars_n" must have been created. I researched how to change the User name from "ars_n" to "n8mdp" which I was successful at doing. Unfortunately, by...
  8. Changing the Windows Edition text on System Information

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the Windows Edition text on System Information: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Is there any way to change the Windows Edition text on the system properties page? Im trying to make my Win10 to looks like Vista as close as possible Thanks in advance! The System Properties page submitted by /u/KamFretoZ [link]...
  9. edit text

edit text: I would like to curve or circle text in a text box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-text/7d779a95-5333-4fb4-ad2e-b53eb0babcc4
  10. What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?: Hello In Windows10, what is the easiest way to change the case of existing text that I have selected? For some time now I have used Ditto as a paste buffer and which a brilliant way of giving you a chose of recent things you have copied. You CAN change the case too but...