Windows 10: Typing characters issue

Discus and support Typing characters issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does my laptop keyboard type different characters than what is intended? It only does it occasionally like tpis. <---example: p for h Rigpt now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatrickHatfield1, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Typing characters issue

Why does my laptop keyboard type different characters than what is intended?

It only does it occasionally like tpis. <---example: p for h

Rigpt now I'm using Cprome. I go to MS Edge and it is fine.

I go to MS Excel, Word, it is normal.

I pave to close everytping and restart. Tpen it is fine.

Wpen it pappens it is not always tpe same cparacters and keys.

:)

PatrickHatfield1, Mar 10, 2020
  2. tracy2016 Win User

Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Typing characters issue

search windows box next to start only allows 2 or 3 characters to be typed

Hi,

To isolate your concern regarding search box, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any results even you can only type 2-3 characters?
    • Is the Search suggestions working?
    • What happen when you exceeded 3 characters?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Typing characters issue

1. Typing characters issue - Similar Threads - Typing characters issue

2. Keys are typing the wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  3. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  4. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  5. the keyboard is typing double characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the keyboard is typing double characters: [ATTACH] Hey everyone. Today my keyboard has started t2o type wrong or double characters as you can observe at first hand: . Before that, I cleaned up my lapt2op with alcohol as usual. Then I powered up and this began. As I c,a-n recall I did -not use force whatsoever. I...
  6. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  7. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  8. Keyboard typing many characters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing many characters.: This is on a Dell Laptop Windows 10. So after a recent update, my keyboard has been really screwy. When I wish to type an 'r', 'v', 'e' or 'f' it will type out many characters and is always the same characters for example 'r' will type 'rweq43poiu' 'v' will do somewhat the...
  9. ALT Characters WON'T type

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALT Characters WON'T type: Hi, I am using a French keyboard (Dell SK-8165). The top numbers row has 12 keys. The firs left key has: #, \ and | characters The second key has: 1, ! and + and - characters The third key has: 2, " and @ characters The fourth key has: 3, / and £ characters The fifth...
  10. Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters: My brother has an HP laptop (Model bs057cl) that he hasn't used in about a year. When he boots the computer he's unable to use the keyboard normally. We brought up the onscreen keyboard which, although it works, does not match the normal qwerty keyboard layout. In fact, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rweq43poiu

2. rweq.43poiu

3. windows typing exra characters