Windows 10: Typing cursor (Or active cell in Excel) randomly disappears in all applications

Discus and support Typing cursor (Or active cell in Excel) randomly disappears in all applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think this is a global Windows 10 issue (Brand new dell laptop) It is for work, and the user showed me he will highlight a cell in excel and with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/someaccountforthings, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Typing cursor (Or active cell in Excel) randomly disappears in all applications

I think this is a global Windows 10 issue (Brand new dell laptop)

It is for work, and the user showed me he will highlight a cell in excel and with his hands off everything it just...goes away. Cell is not highlighted and nowhere to be found without clicking a cell again.

As well, if he is typing up a gmail, his cursor mid typing again just...disappears.

It happens in other applications, he has tried a new keyboard, and I witnessed he is not accidentally hitting his touch pad.

Tonight he is running full Windows updates and Dell Updates...Will know more next time but has anyone seen this? It's bizarre.

submitted by /u/someaccountforthings
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/someaccountforthings, Nov 4, 2020

2. Cursor randomly disappears within certain applications - Windows 10

I know this is an old post but I thought it would still be worthwhile responding for Windows 10 users.

Step one:

Right click on a blank part of your desktop and choose "Personalise",

Step two:

Click on "Themes",

Step three:

On the main section of the Themes settings screen, click on "Mouse cursor",

Step four:

Uncheck "Hide pointer while typing" and click "Apply" or "OK",

Your mouse cursor should no longer disappear on you.

*It could also be useful to put a check in the "Show location of pointer when I press CTRL key" option so if you don't know where your cursor is, you can find it by using the CTRL key.

Microsoft support, I suggest that you should always remember that sometimes you should check the simple solutions first before recommending driver update or creating new user profiles.

TonestarDeluxe, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Excel bug with mouse cursor

Recently my colleague noticed problem while working in Excel:

• when she is trying to select more cells it doesn't do it, it selects only one and drags it around
    • when she tries to click on cell to select it it appears as she double clicked it
    • when she wants to close document she can't, nothing happens (she can't close it on x or on File/Close, or right click on toolbar icon)

We have tried to change mouse but it's the same. And it happens only in Excel.

Any suggestion?

user596129, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Typing cursor (Or active cell in Excel) randomly disappears in all applications

Cursor Disappears while typing.

What can be done to stop the cursor from disappearing while typing in windows 10. Cursor disappears and no further typing is displayed until the cursor is repositioned where it left off. This is very annoying as only a few words can be typed and the
    cursor leaves.

Gary Van Norden, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Typing cursor (Or active cell in Excel) randomly disappears in all applications

1. Typing cursor (Or active cell in Excel) randomly disappears in all applications - Similar Threads - Typing cursor active

2. Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting: After pasting text into multiple table cells, the cursor disappears in all cells in the row that was pasted to. Even if the row has, for example 6 cells, but I pasted into 3 cells, the cursor disappears when clicking in any of the cells in the row. The same happens if I paste...
  3. Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting: After pasting text into multiple table cells, the cursor disappears in all cells in the row that was pasted to. Even if the row has, for example 6 cells, but I pasted into 3 cells, the cursor disappears when clicking in any of the cells in the row. The same happens if I paste...
  4. Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  6. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  7. Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets

Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets: Can someone help me to I presume clear formatting in cells. I'm entering a column of numbers in this case planting space guides for vegetables and every once in awhile a random cell will revert to a date. For example, if you look down the column you see 15-30, 40-50, Oct-15...
  8. coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell: I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coping-text-from-a-excel-cell-to-another-excel/5a272c74-33e6-457c-82f8-3ae3196e8f81"
  9. Cursor disappears and Cannot Type

Cursor disappears and Cannot Type: I have a Lenovo Yoga, running Windows 10. Yesterday my cursor repeatedly disappeared. I was able to use the touch screen, but unable to type anything – like I’m suddenly plunged into tablet mode. Several times a pop-up window appeared asking if I wanted to switch to tablet...
  10. Cursor disappears when opening applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor disappears when opening applications: When opening new applications the cursor disappears on the application screen but is visible on the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears-when-opening-applications/61ec8cab-0b23-4700-a0cf-b4078c9081a5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel cursor disappears