Windows 10: Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored...

Discus and support Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Am using a Ham Radio app. called the DXLab Suite, used by tens of thousands of hams world-wide. Until the latest Windows 10 Update, my DXlab Suite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gary_S_1943, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored...

Am using a Ham Radio app. called the DXLab Suite, used by tens of thousands of hams world-wide.

Until the latest Windows 10 Update, my DXlab Suite worked perfectly for many years. Not any more . . . .

Since that update, a bizarre symptom occurs repeatedly:

- Using the mouse, I position the cursor where I want to enter data, and click to place the cursor there.

- I'll start to type; but the first two characters are NOT entered.

- I keep typing, and characters #3, #4, #5, etc, are entered into the blank space; but characters #1 & #2 are NOT entered, ever.

- To get the entire data entry added, I must delete the incomplete data, and type it again.

- It always works the 2nd time, for ALL typed characters to appear in the blank space.

Anyone seen this before ?

How can it get fixed ?

Your expertise and insight is much appreciated.

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Apr 10, 2019

2. Typing speed

Hi,

There is an option to let the keyboard ignore unintentional repeating of keystrokes. This feature is called Bounce keys. You can enable it by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key and type "control panel".
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Ease of Access, and then Ease of Access Center.
    • Select Make the keyboard easier to use.
    • Under the Make it easier to type section, select Set up Filter Keys.
    • Under the Filter options, select Turn on Bounce Keys.
    • You may select the duration of how long the keyboard should ignore the repeated keystrokes.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

Hello Kit,

An outdated or incompatible driver can be one of the possible factors why this issue occurs. That being said, I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + S on your keyboard.
    2. Type Troubleshoot and hit
      Enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen prompt.

Also suggest you to go the link below and download the latest drivers for the keyboard and see if it helps to resolve the issue:

Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as
    soon as I can.

Michelle Vil, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored...

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored...

1. Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored... - Similar Threads - Typing data blank

2. 1st two Cumulatives for 22H2 arrived today, Oct. 3rd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1st two Cumulatives for 22H2 arrived today, Oct. 3rd: Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-two-cumulatives-for-22h2-arrived-today-oct-3rd/70ed8af2-bc9a-4fdf-9bb8-ce9ccf9aa433
  3. 1st two Cumulatives for 22H2 arrived today, Oct. 3rd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1st two Cumulatives for 22H2 arrived today, Oct. 3rd: Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-two-cumulatives-for-22h2-arrived-today-oct-3rd/70ed8af2-bc9a-4fdf-9bb8-ce9ccf9aa433
  4. Missing keystrokes while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing keystrokes while typing: Has anyone found a solution to the missing keystrokes issue? This is most frustrating and is serisouly impacting my productivity. I have replaced my keyboard with a Dell original at great cost. Dell Latitude 5480Windows 10Office proffesional...
  5. Missing keystrokes while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing keystrokes while typing: Has anyone found a solution to the missing keystrokes issue? This is most frustrating and is serisouly impacting my productivity. I have replaced my keyboard with a Dell original at great cost. Dell Latitude 5480Windows 10Office proffesional...
  6. Missing keystrokes while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working: It appears that the latest all black Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - has a firmware issue and only after a few minutes it goes to sleep, the first keystroke wakes the power save feature embedded - which means that first keystroke does not appear on screen. Rendering this...
  9. Why do the 1st one or two characters I type on the keyboard, as data entry for Word, NOT...

Why do the 1st one or two characters I type on the keyboard, as data entry for Word, NOT...: Hello, Can someone in the Community help me with this ? The exact same issue happens when I type data entries for a 3rd Party Ham Radio application. It's like the time-slot for those first 2 characters is not being opened to allow the data to get into MS/Word, or other...
  10. Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke: I have been using a Sculpt Comfort wireless Keyboard for about 4 months. It is comfortable and has worked great up until about 2 weeks ago. I was running Windows 7 on my HP Mobile Workstation with no issues, but was forced to upgrade my OS to Windows 10 (company IT policy)....