Windows 10: Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked

Discus and support Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently noticed a problem when playing games, that when I click mouse and press a key on keyboard it doesn't work. Also, if you press a key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VeemSiS, Oct 23, 2020.

1. VeemSiS Win User

Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked

Hello,

I recently noticed a problem when playing games, that when I click mouse and press a key on keyboard it doesn't work. Also, if you press a key quickly after mouse click it doesn't work as well. What is more weird is that this behaviour varies by application.

1. When in notepad:

- Holding mouse clicked and typing - cannot type anything

- Clicking and pressing key shortly after - doesn't work for the first press e.g. When I click and type "R" twice, you get only one "R" as an output in notepad

2. When in game:

- Holding mouse clicked and typing - seems to be working, as I'm able to move with "WSAD" keys while keeping my mouse clicked

- Clicking and pressing key shortly after - doesn't work for the first press e.g. When I click and type "R" twice, you get only one "R" as an output in notepad

3. When in browser for example text box to post this question, browser: chrome:

- Holding mouse clicked and typing - works fine

- Clicking and pressing key shortly after - works fine

I tested this on Desktop device, so no touchpad at this time. My windows version is:

Windows 10 Pro 19041.572. Of course I tried reinstalling mouse and keyboard drivers, which didn't help.

:)

VeemSiS, Oct 23, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Mouse click doesn't work.

Hey My old Dell Studio Hybrid has this mouse problem.

I'm using a dragunov mouse and left clicking on things like a open window doesn't work and it clicks the desktop background, I can right click or left click on any icon on my desktop.

I tried using my Corsair M65 mouse and has the same problem on that pc. and when I used my dragunov on this pc I haven't seen that problem.

I had this problem few days ago but after deleting some amd drivers and msi drivers (used the HDD to do something using my other pc) and yes it worked but whenever I opened games like League of legends I encounter some graphical problems which it didn't have before so I decided to install the chipset video driver and I encountered this problem again.

I'm currently planning on using system restore as it might or might not help.

as pretty much I'd still like to salvage this pc as it's good for microsoft word and those other good stuff.*Bang Head :banghead:

Cotton_Cup, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked

1. Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked - Similar Threads - Typing doesn't mouse

2. My mouse left click doesn't work in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse left click doesn't work in games: My mouse left click doesn't work in games, no matter how dmhard I press it, only way to make it work is by pressing control keycrouching or standing still and not touching anything anything else even that works after 2-3seconds of not moving or touching any other key, at...
  3. RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR: Right click mouse doesn't work on taskbar. I'm using WIN 10 and my HP ZBOOK is current on all updates.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar/1ffb5587-5880-4ab4-844a-d362b86af763
  4. RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR: Right click mouse doesn't work on taskbar. I'm using WIN 10 and my HP ZBOOK is current on all updates.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar/1ffb5587-5880-4ab4-844a-d362b86af763
  5. Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work: Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone...
  6. Mouse pointer doesn't disappear when typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer doesn't disappear when typing: I've setup my mouse cursor preferences with "Hide pointer while typing" being checked. But the mouse pointer doesn't disappear. I even rebooted after selecting this preference. Is there some other setting that I'm missing? I have my pointer set to being black (instead of...
  7. Mouse doesn't click sometimes

Mouse doesn't click sometimes: I have an issue with my mouse where it won't click sometimes, unless I ctrl+alt+delete+esc. But when I hop on a game if functions fine. Can anybody help me please? I also recently rebooted my pc recently and this has been happening before I did it....
  8. Mouse Left Click doesn't work

Mouse Left Click doesn't work: I am on a Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The left click on the mouse is not working when click on window pane buttons or when selecting items in start menu, or when pressing options like task manager after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. The weird thing is the...
  9. Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore

Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore: Hi I bought a new MICROSOFT wireless mouse and keyboard, and I can't get the mouse's right click to work. Oddly, it seems to think there are two mouse devices connected: I get this error if I look at the mouse, the keyboard works fine. Log Name:...
  10. Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click: I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old corded mouse i had. please help. 13193