Windows 10: typing extra letters and numbers show up

Discus and support typing extra letters and numbers show up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I type letters keep popping up like when I hit the space bar a j pops up. Very frustrating . Need help can not figure this out..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeanPelz, Feb 10, 2020.

1. DeanPelz Win User

typing extra letters and numbers show up

When I type letters keep popping up like when I hit the space bar a j pops up. Very frustrating . Need help can not figure this out..

:)

DeanPelz, Feb 10, 2020

2. keyboard letters typing letters and numbers

For some crazy reason when typing I am getting numbers along with letters.

For example the letter T comes up t5 y6 ++and the delet5e key6 gives me a plus sign +++++

I t5ried Fn wit5h num lock and not5hing happens.

GlynnisShane, Feb 10, 2020
  3. WmsRandy Win User
    Include letters in phone number?

Occassionally I need to enter letters in a phone number, for example, typing in the letter "p" for pause. The phone keypad on my Nokia 928 shows letters aside the numbers, but I can't seem to type in letters instead of the numbers. How do I get letters
    to appear in a phone number?

WmsRandy, Feb 10, 2020
  4. moskal91 Win User

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. typing extra letters and numbers show up - Similar Threads - typing extra letters

2. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  3. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  4. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My keyboard is typing extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing extra letters: I have looked this up at Microsoft help.There was this post with the same problemnone of the steps resolved this eg: hj not just h, #l not just #lthank you....
  6. My keyboard is typing extra letters

My keyboard is typing extra letters: I have looked this up at Microsoft help.There was this post with the same problemnone of the steps resolved this eg: hj not just h, #l not just #lthank you....
  7. My keyboard is typing extra letters

8. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  9. type letters - prints number?

type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  10. Keyboard typing extra letters

Keyboard typing extra letters: I've got a Lenovo e300 2nd gen running on Windows 10 Pro Education. An entire section of the keyboard is malfunctioning. When I press the 8 key in the top row, it types 13247890. When I push the i key, it types qewruiop. When I push the k key, it types adsfjkl;\. You'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone keeps added extra letters when i type?