Windows 10: Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters

Discus and support Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire Z24. I've been having this issue for a while now. When typing after maybe 30 seconds or so, my screen hangs and the letters I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Niki G., Nov 26, 2021.

1. Niki G. Win User

Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters

I have an Acer Aspire Z24. I've been having this issue for a while now. When typing after maybe 30 seconds or so, my screen hangs and the letters I type come in a few seconds later. I also notice that sometimes when I'm scrolling down a page, the screen hangs for a second or two. However, videos and music do not freeze and play fine. I've noticed that when this happens, I see a little refresh icon appear briefly on the bottom right of my taskbar. I'm not sure why that is or if there a program that is constantly refreshing that's causing this issue. Oddly enough, when I work remotely from home

:)

Niki G., Nov 26, 2021
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    stuttering every few seconds.

It dpends on what type of "stutter" you are having. I took it to mean that your system would "hang" (stop working) for a moment. But your second description suggests you think it is electrical. If it appears to be a electrical problem, then maybe it is
    something lose. The obvious thing would be to check is the electrical cord. Unplug and replug both ends.

Rohn007, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters

1. Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters - Similar Threads - Typing Hangs Scrolling

2. auto typing and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto typing and scrolling issue: yesterday 08-09-2023 i updated windows regular update and the keyboard started to automatically type and i wasnt able to type my password also when i managed to start windows after some times the mouse started scrollinf by itslef . what should i do?...
  3. auto typing and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto typing and scrolling issue: yesterday 08-09-2023 i updated windows regular update and the keyboard started to automatically type and i wasnt able to type my password also when i managed to start windows after some times the mouse started scrollinf by itslef . what should i do?...
  4. Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters: I have an Acer Aspire Z24. I've been having this issue for a while now. When typing after maybe 30 seconds or so, my screen hangs and the letters I type come in a few seconds later. I also notice that sometimes when I'm scrolling down a page, the screen hangs for a second or...
  5. Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos: Hi, there was a windows update on my laptop and after it my cursor would freeze every 3 seconds, then i noticed that while scrolling, that was freezing too then also when i was typing and finally when watching any video's, the video would freeze every 3 seconds but the sound...
  6. Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers: Hello Y'all. I have an annoying problem these days with my PC. Whenever I try to scrolling the page on chromium-based browsers, (Chrome, Opera, Edge Chromium doesn't matter) it stutters. This happens especially when I'm playing 1080P 60FPS videos or livestreams on Youtube and...
  7. Screen scrolling up while typing

Screen scrolling up while typing: Whenever I start typing, the screen will automatically scroll up. How can you stop this annoying problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-scrolling-up-while-typing/ddfecc62-9a9d-464c-94a8-d0491786e21b
  8. New Edge - Stuttering when scrolling down homepage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Edge - Stuttering when scrolling down homepage: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fluidzreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrx2cc/new_edge_stuttering_when_scrolling_down_homepage/
  9. Typing and scrolling issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and scrolling issues: I have had this laptop 2 months tops and continuously have this problem. This occurs every 10-20 seconds; I will be attempting to scroll up or down and the page will freeze and stop scrolling for about 3-5 seconds, then the page will scroll really fast as if trying to catch...
  10. Typing and scrolling issue

Typing and scrolling issue: Hi, I have something strange happing for a while now and cannot find a fix; or even identify what is causing it. This doe not happing all the time, like I was able to type this issue here. However, out of no where it will occur, and then stop at other times; or maybe it...