Windows 10: typing in all caps with caps lock off

Discus and support typing in all caps with caps lock off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PearlHarper1, Mar 9, 2022.

1. typing in all caps with caps lock off

This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working correctly and that portion stays on caps lock but the other portion is working normally. Holding shift does not help. I have tried turning on the caps lock, fn, windows, num lock, and scroll lock keys in various combinations because that corner of the keyboard seems to be where the problem started and another help site s

:)

PearlHarper1, Mar 9, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

CAPS LOCK sound warning not working

Hi, here are some ideas: see if one works for you. Keep a list of what you try. If no success, please post back listing what you've tried. Thanks.

Tutorial (from -- the Tutorials section):
    Turn On or Off Narrator Caps Lock Warnings while Typing in Windows 10

Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.
    (last post)

typing in all caps with caps lock off [​IMG]

This is likely to be one of those where, as I don't know what you've already tried, I'll have spent time suggesting what you have tried.

That's why I asked for a clear list of what you have tried.

Do you see this when you toggle caps lock?

dalchina, Mar 9, 2022
  3. wvbirdman Win User
    Caps Lock delays typing

I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters:

Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I should wait before resuming typing; but I always forget and must backtrack and correct it. The problem does not happen every time I turn on CAPS LOCK, only if it has been several minutes since I last turned it on. However the graphic appears every time I press CAPS LOCK.

I think that some time in the past I may have downloaded one or more apps to assist with CAPS LOCK indication, found them unsuitable, and removed them; but I cannot remember any names. Nothing in Control Panel/Programs and Features seems likely to be involved.

Any help is appreciated, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks

wvbirdman, Mar 9, 2022
  4. typing in all caps with caps lock off

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

typing in all caps with caps lock off

1. typing in all caps with caps lock off - Similar Threads - typing caps caps

2. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  3. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  4. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  5. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  6. Caps Lock on or off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock on or off: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON TO SHOW ON MY SCREEN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-on-or-off/14a27d83-dcd2-441a-8faa-0466a118aa26
  7. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  8. Caps Lock delays typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock delays typing: I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters: [img] Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I...
  9. Caps lock

Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....
  10. Notification that Caps lock is on/off

Notification that Caps lock is on/off: Can I turn on the notification on the screen that Caps Lock is on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/notification-that-caps-lock-is-onoff/8b231120-6677-4c3b-b3ab-28f49fa6b48e