Windows 10: Typing Issues with Win 10 64bit

Discus and support Typing Issues with Win 10 64bit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, couldn't find it after a quick search. When I type in Windows 10 on pretty much anything -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oli, Jan 1, 2016.

1. OLI
    oli Win User

Typing Issues with Win 10 64bit

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, couldn't find it after a quick search.

When I type in Windows 10 on pretty much anything - chrome, open office, celtx (writing software) - the cursor will frequently jump to a random point, could be the middle of a word or the space between paragraphs. This is obviously quite annoying, even more so as I'm a writer and it means I can't do my job properly.

Also, sometimes when I open a web page it will highlight sections of the page, like I've clicked and dragged across the page, even when I haven't.

I've tried to update drivers but it says they're all up to date. I will try that again but any one with any suggestions, well, I'm all ears.

It's happened about 5 times just typing this out and a new one just happened where it jumped to the 'additional options' box at the bottom like I'd clicked on a tick box (I hadn't). And no I'm not leaning on the touchpad or doing anything stupid like that. 100% software problem.

Using an ASUS k55a laptop running windows 10 64 bit

Thanks in advance

:)

2. Any issues with Win 10 64bit upgrade

That is incorrect information.

The Reservation App indicates I have incompatible hardware (ie. CPU, Bluetooth, Video Card, Printer) and/or software, what should I do?

You can check the software developer and hardware vendor for the latest updates before performing the upgrade.

UPDATE: Please review the following article by Barb Bowman (Microsoft
    MVP) for solutions to this problem.

Is my graphics display or Bluetooth device compatible with Windows
    10? The readiness report showed it was not.

Typing Issues with Win 10 64bit [​IMG]

Even though you might get this message, you can always run Windows Update after installing Windows 10 and download the latest driver.

I recently installed Windows 10 on an HP Elitebook to see how well the most recent Windows 10 build performs. The Elitebook is a fairly recent model notebook which includes an assortment of hardware technologies. Out of the box though I did not get a complete
    system, for instance the Intel HD Graphics 3000 was not detected and I was instead limited to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Apart from this, I had wi-fi ready, which meant, I could connect to the Internet right away.

Installing drivers through Windows Update

Windows Update is the premier starting point to resolve most common driver issues you might experience immediately after installing Windows 10.

Simply launch it from Start > Settings >
    Update and Security
    and click Check for Updates

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: wuapp

Hit Enter

Click Check for updates (make sure you have an active Internet connection).

Typing Issues with Win 10 64bit [​IMG]

Immediately, Windows Update will detect your system configuration and download all the appropriate drivers for your system. As you can see in the above screenshot, my Intel HD 3000 Graphics was installed automatically. I did not even have to reboot the system.
    In addition to that other hardware components were also detected and installed which includes my LAN adapter and card reader.

Learn more:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jan 1, 2016
  3. RanKay Win User
    Any issues with Win 10 64bit upgrade

I have heard some 64 bit CPU's are not compatible with WinX 64 bit.

Where can we find a list of such CPU's

RanKay, Jan 1, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

Hello and welcome to tenforums ,key pads can be finicky for sure ; a test do do , If you have a regular keyboard around ,wired or wireless ,give it a try and see if it jumps around

caperjack, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I'd bet on the mouse pad. If you are touching it, even slightly it is causing the cursor to jump. Sometimes disabling Tap-to-click fixes this problem.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the driver for the mouse/touch pad.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Typing Issues with Win 10 64bit - Similar Threads - Typing Issues 64bit

2. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it and it BOOTLOOPED. So i tried enter bios and boot menu...
  3. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it. So i tried enter bios and boot menu everything seems fine...
  4. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it. So i tried enter bios and boot menu everything seems fine...
  5. Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit

Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit: My pc has 32bit Windows 10 OS in C partition. My data is in D partition. If I upgrade to 64bit my CPU is 64bit will the new OS be in the C partition and the D partition remain intact? Or the D partition will be erased too?...
  6. Reactivation Win 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation Win 10 64bit: I've got a problem similar to this post : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-win-10-64bit/1de132a8-ddc1-4675-bd7d-5896c5d46fbd?page=3 The original post : My Dell computer came with Windows 7 Pro and auto upgrade to Win 10 which I did a few...
  7. Reactivation Win 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation Win 10 64bit: My Dell computer came with Windows 7 Pro and auto upgrade to Win 10 which I did a few years ago. My original HD crashed and had bad sector, so replaced with SSD HD 6 months ago. Transferred everything at that time from the old HD to new SSD, plus installed old HD in the...
  8. Geninstallere Win 10 Pro 64bit

Geninstallere Win 10 Pro 64bit: Jeg fik opdateret min win7pro og optog backop med acronic. Min computer blev muligvis infecteret med virus så jeg slettede alt og omformaterede alle 3 harddiske på computeren Indsatte min recovery disk men halvvejs igennem installeringen af backkopen stoppede den og sagde...
  9. wmp 12 win 10 64bit

wmp 12 win 10 64bit: habe ausversehen den wmp deistalliert.wie kann ich denwmp wieder herstellen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-12-win-10-64bit/9313d593-56b7-4085-89fb-7654e6fb1bb0
  10. "downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit

"downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit: I have win 10 home 64bit installed and activation successful. Installed by windows update. before this, on my laptop installed win 7 home premium 64 bit. What can I do if I want to change win 10 64 bit to win 10 32bit ? I only have cd original win 7home premium. My RAM...