Windows 10: typing jumps around randomly- too sensitive to typing

Discus and support typing jumps around randomly- too sensitive to typing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help. I believe my touch pad is too sensitive, so when I type, it will jump around and start typing on different lines. It is very time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeriBNew, Jan 26, 2019.

1. MeriBNew Win User

typing jumps around randomly- too sensitive to typing

I need help. I believe my touch pad is too sensitive, so when I type, it will jump around and start typing on different lines. It is very time consuming, and takes too much time to email, complete a word doc, and is very frustrating. I have tried to change the sensitivity to the touch pad, but that didn't make any difference. What can I do to make this stop. It makes my work triple in time and add way too much frustration, that I want to ditch the computer to another one. Can you help?

:)

MeriBNew, Jan 26, 2019

2. Cursor jumps while Typing

Hi Marc,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Cursor jumps while Typing

Compelte with no chnages

Marc@Glanvilles, Jan 26, 2019
  4. typing jumps around randomly- too sensitive to typing

stealing focus while typing

Hi Valerie,

Losing focus on an app can happen if your touchpad is on high sensitivity. There are instances that we are engrossed in our writing to the point that we don't notice that our hands are near the touchpad and if it's set to high sensitivity, it can click on
    another app. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you try to change the sensitivity settings of your laptop to medium or low sensitivity and see if this issue still persists. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type Settings.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Change the sensitivity level.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

typing jumps around randomly- too sensitive to typing

1. typing jumps around randomly- too sensitive to typing - Similar Threads - typing jumps around

2. my computer is too sensitive. It jumps around going to places I didn't direct. Also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is too sensitive. It jumps around going to places I didn't direct. Also...: my computer is too sensitive. It jumps around going to places I didn't direct. Also directional balloons, IN the form of rectangles pop up and cover what I am doing....
  3. my computer is too sensitive. It jumps around going to places I didn't direct. Also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer is too sensitive. It jumps around going to places I didn't direct. Also...: my computer is too sensitive. It jumps around going to places I didn't direct. Also directional balloons, IN the form of rectangles pop up and cover what I am doing....
  4. my computer is too sensitive. It jumps around going to places I didn't direct. Also...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word: When I try to type in Word my cursor is blinking as I type. When I move my hands completely away from my computer, the cursor continues to move on its own....
  6. cursor randomly jumps around screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor randomly jumps around screen: Hi. I am running Windows 10 subscription. I have a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. Over the last week or so my cursor started jumping around on my screen. At first it constantly seemed to jump to the left bottom corner. I thought it was the mouse and went through all sorts of...
  7. Curser moves around while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Curser moves around while typing: My curser keeps moving inward as I am typing. I have Windows 10. How do I correct this problem and keep it in place? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/curser-moves-around-while-typing/1891c710-e53f-42b8-991a-e0d6b6e2f0ff
  8. Cursor jumps around randomly

Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  9. when typing cursor jumps back

in Windows 10 Customization
    when typing cursor jumps back: when I am ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-typing-cursor-jumps-back/9231d879-dc7b-499e-9de2-10b7d5c46767
  10. length of typing/mouse jumping around

length of typing/mouse jumping around: I am having a problem with my mouse jumping around when I try to type anything longer than about 4-5 characters in Windows 10, especially when typing a password. I can not figure out how to change to type infinitely instead of these limited characters. Can anyone help here?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i start typing something on google search the screen jumps around and cannot enter anything??

2. typing jumps around when typing