Windows 10: Typing lag - 1 second approx

Discus and support Typing lag - 1 second approx in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had the typing lag issue where I typed but the letter appears about 1 second later on Firefox, Word and Excel. and think I have solved it. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BobtheUncertain, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Typing lag - 1 second approx

I had the typing lag issue where I typed but the letter appears about 1 second later on Firefox, Word and Excel. and think I have solved it. I tried many other ideas but this one worked - not sure why (please enlighten if you can).
    Troubleshoot the program in question. Then fix using Windows Vista compatability settings! I did this with both programs and my PC is back to normal.
    I am not sure but I think this starting happening after installing Firefox.
    Hope this helps.

:)

BobtheUncertain, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Sezzas Win User

Typing Lag after recent update

Ever since I did the latest update for my computer (it's a Windows 10 PC) I've experienced massive lag when typing.

It's not a delay - the letters will not appear after the lag. Instead it will simply not register anything during it.

The lagging happens pretty much once per second, so it happens really frequently. This makes it so I can't type fast, or several of the letters will be missing. Just typing this post was terribly hard.

If I for example spam a letter it will come through, but within a second the lag will happen and even though I'm repeatedly pressing one of the keys the typing will just "stop" on screen for maybe half a second, and then it will come through again.

I have no idea why it's suddenly like this. I've never had this happen before and I've had the computer for several years, it's ridiculous.

And before you suggest: Yes, I've tried turning on and off the 'filter keys' thing. It did not help at all.

Thankful for the help.

Moved From:

Sezzas, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Second Monitor Lag

Hi
    Shima Xinkai

Outdated or incompatible drivers can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. That being said, I suggest performing the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. You can follow the steps below:

1. Type Troubleshoot in the search bar and hit Enter.
    2. Look for Hardware and Devices and click.
    3. Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions .
    4. Check if the issue persists.

I also recommend performing the steps in this article on how to Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you with more answers.

Michelle Vil, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Typing lag - 1 second approx

windows 10 photo app crashes after approx 10 seconds

Hi Dave,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Do you receive any error message before crashing?

I suggest you to try the steps below if you have not yet tried.

I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.

• In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    If the Photos app is the only one crashing, it could be a problem with the Photos app database. To reset the database, perform the following:

1. Press windows button + R

2. Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

3. Delete all the contents of that folder.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Typing lag - 1 second approx

1. Typing lag - 1 second approx - Similar Threads - Typing lag second

2. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  3. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  4. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  5. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  6. Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.: When I click on windows start buttun ,Some times the menu opens fine as usual. But sometimes it lags for 1sec I guess. For example:- When I am watching any video and opens the start menu that lags for just 1sec. I mean it freezes, and the video that...
  7. Hypervisor Type 1 and Type 2

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hypervisor Type 1 and Type 2: Have you ever wondered what the difference between a type 1 and type 2 hypervisor is. This drawing shows the principle [img] Type 1 Hypervisors sit between the hardware and your virtual machines AND your Host OS. In effect, your Host OS is turned into a virtual machine...
  8. Second Monitor Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor Lag: Hey. My second monitor has enormous amounts of lag when connected. I use Windows 10, my second monitor is 1920x1080, while my original monitor where the DVD recorder is located is 1600x900. It lags on the 1080p monitor, while the default monitor works flawlessly. How do I...
  9. The second monitor is lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The second monitor is lagging: I plugged in a second monitor via a docking station and encountered an issue connected with short term slowdowns with a mouse cursor on this second monitor. It looks like the signal goes long from a remote device. I performed some troubleshooting such as updated Windows...
  10. 1-3 second lags

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1-3 second lags: So this started like last week where i get these small lags when my pc freezes for like 1-3 seconds. It can happen when i play games or just browsing. It happens probably like 2 times every hour. This is a problem for me because when i play csgo and im shooting towards...