Windows 10: Typing lines of text

Discus and support Typing lines of text in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At end of line of text how do I move cursor to next line and not use Enter or Shift key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WILLIAMHUDNALL, May 12, 2019.

1. Typing lines of text

At end of line of text how do I move cursor to next line and not use Enter or Shift key?

:)

WILLIAMHUDNALL, May 12, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 12, 2019
  3. Red squiggly lines in typing

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Are you referring to spellcheck when typing on a website?

• Is it happening on browsers? Which browser are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check it helps:

• Open Settings and click on Devices.

• Click on Typing and turn off ‘AutoCorrect misspelled words’ and also turn off ‘highlight misspelled words’.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 12, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Typing lines of text

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Typing lines of text

1. Typing lines of text - Similar Threads - Typing lines text

2. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  3. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  4. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Explorer 'Type' text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer 'Type' text: Bit odd. I've got some video files(various types; .mp4, .mxf, .mov, etc) and I use VLC to play the files. I've made VLC the default media player. I've associated each of the file types to play with VLC. But when I view the files in WinExplorer the 'Type' shows as simply...
  6. Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare: Hi, I am using cmd version 10.0.18363.418. It just functions normally before. Then once, I tried the command "cmd /?". It doesn't matter what command you use, if it needs too much lines, the previous lines will go off. Here are some screenshots: [ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can...
  7. Typed text disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typed text disappears: Typed text disappears if I leave my fingers on the keys too long when emailing. Very frustrating when I type long messages . I think there is a simple keystroke fix? Please advise and thank you!...
  8. Typing text in graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing text in graphics: I wonder if it's possible to do that in this Snip and Sketch app. Or is there any app that can do that? TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-text-in-graphics/4b823b0e-2840-42dd-9a5d-05a793141021
  9. Text, inking, and typing data.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Text, inking, and typing data.: Does Text, inking, and typing data send screenshot to server or store data before sending ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-inking-and-typing-data/a7713b35-750b-4f22-9e8c-36f6aaa2fc4f"
  10. How to type text for text-to-speech

in Windows 10 Support
    How to type text for text-to-speech: In Windows 8 and below you could type any text for the text-to-speech to read, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to let you do that. Is there a way to get this feature back? This is the dialog for those who don't remember: [img] 76644