Windows 10: Typing Pinyin Tone Marks

Discus and support Typing Pinyin Tone Marks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to type Pinyin tone marks on my computer, but I can't find an option in Windows that lets me do that. Note: I have already setup the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewWaybright, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Typing Pinyin Tone Marks

I'm trying to type Pinyin tone marks on my computer, but I can't find an option in Windows that lets me do that. Note: I have already setup the Simplified Chinese keyboard, but that only allows me to type Chinese CHARACTERS, not Pinyin. How do I type Pinyin?

:)

AndrewWaybright, Feb 24, 2020
  2. SF_1 Win User

type pinyin and tones on windows phone

I want to bump this up because I think this would a useful feature. Can someone help with this please? Is there (or will there be) a keyboard layout supporting pinyin tone marks?

To make this clear, e.g. when long pressing a, only á and can be selected. The other two pinyin tones ā and ǎ are not in the list.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 1520 running Windows Phone 8.1.

3. Pinyin Tones keyboard

I want to be able to type Pinyin with the tones (*not* Pinyin to find Chinese characters). There is supposedly a Pinyin Tones keyboard, that, oddly enough, you can access through the Japanese keyboard. You are supposed to click on "add a keyboard", and
    the Pinyin Tones keyboard is supposed to be an option, but that option does not exist. Does anyone know how to access a keyboard that types Pinyin with tones?

AnnaBaptist, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Typing Pinyin Tone Marks

type pinyin and tones on windows phone

I looked through all the keyboards and I don't know Chinese simplified characters. Does windows phone have the ability to type in pinyin with tone marks the most I can get is ì or í ü but no straight line or dotted line with fourth tone over top etc...
    And it would be nice while I'm learning mandarin.

CamronMatthews, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Typing Pinyin Tone Marks

1. Typing Pinyin Tone Marks - Similar Threads - Typing Pinyin Tone

2. Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard: Good evening,I am unable to download the Chinese pinyin keyboard on my Microsoft 11 since I purchased the laptop in November 2023. I already added in Chinese Simplified China and attempted to download the basic typing for many days but it just will not load. Only...
  3. Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard: Good evening,I am unable to download the Chinese pinyin keyboard on my Microsoft 11 since I purchased the laptop in November 2023. I already added in Chinese Simplified China and attempted to download the basic typing for many days but it just will not load. Only...
  4. can't type question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type question mark: Hello! The problem started today. I can't type question marks ? on visual studio. I use the keyboard pattern ABNT2 and use ctrl + alt + w to type question marks. Whenever I type it on visual studio, on the left lower corner it shows up "Ctrl+Alt+W was pressed.. Waiting for...
  5. can't type question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type question mark: Hello! The problem started today. I can't type question marks ? on visual studio. I use the keyboard pattern ABNT2 and use ctrl + alt + w to type question marks. Whenever I type it on visual studio, on the left lower corner it shows up "Ctrl+Alt+W was pressed.. Waiting for...
  6. Typing the question mark.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing the question mark.: I am not able to type question mark. I was able to a few hours back. I don't know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-the-question-mark/7a633df9-e4f4-40cb-ac78-56b0e82c929d
  7. Pinyin tones keyboard in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pinyin tones keyboard in windows: I wanted to type pinyin with tone marks. For example: ni3hao3 --> nîhâo So I searched how, but when I arrived at the last step after setting up Japanese language. I couldn't find pinyin tones in the language keyboard from the Japanese language options. I have also tried...
  8. Troubles setting up Pinyin keyboard with tones

Troubles setting up Pinyin keyboard with tones: I've seen some articles in the web they were able to set up the mandarin pinyin keyboard with tones on windows 10. The thing is, it seems that windows has changed this way of getting the pinyin tones with a different keyboard, I don't really know. When I try to select a...
  9. Pinyin Tones keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinyin Tones keyboard: I want to be able to type Pinyin with the tones (*not* Pinyin to find Chinese characters). There is supposedly a Pinyin Tones keyboard, that, oddly enough, you can access through the Japanese keyboard. You are supposed to click on "add a keyboard", and the Pinyin Tones...
  10. How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...

How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...: I'm taking a class in Mandarin and would like to be able to type out pinyin characters with accents for their phonetic representations of the symbols. I don't see any option for doing that in windows 10 without installing a 3rd party product. I can type the characters...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinyin tones on keyboard windows 10 2020