Windows 10: TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !

Discus and support TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU ! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, Three days ago, I've formatted my LENOVO laptop with Windows 10 _ 1809 Edition. after a few hours of setting it up, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AymanFahd, May 4, 2019.

1. AymanFahd Win User

TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !

Hello Microsoft,

Three days ago, I've formatted my LENOVO laptop with Windows 10 _ 1809 Edition.

after a few hours of setting it up, I noticed that my keyboard doesn't work at all in Cortana, Start Menu, Microsoft Edge.

In addition of that, the language button is not appearing in Taskbar. I tried to change some settings in order to make it appear, but it didn't work.

I tried to search online about the problem, and I found this command:

" Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} "

it actually fixed the problem, but once the device restarted, the problem still exist !!!

I hope you could fix the issue ...

:)

AymanFahd, May 4, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, May 4, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Start menu

Hello Elliot,

May we know if you have made any software changes prior to the Start menu not opening?

We suggest that you check any updates for you device, you may follow the steps below on how to check for updates without using the Start menu:

• Press the Windows button + R, type
      ms-setting:
      , and then select OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, choose Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, May 4, 2019
  4. TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !

Start Menu, Cortana, Edge and sound

Hi Angel,

To facilitate your query, we'd like to ask these questions:

• When was the last time you were able to access Start Menu, Cortana, and Microsoft Edge?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?

Let us try the methods below and observe.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Try this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problem with Cortana and Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions

in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.

Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, May 4, 2019
Thema:

TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !

1. TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU ! - Similar Threads - TYPING PROBLEM EDGE

2. New Ms edge and Old Ms edge lies in same in start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Ms edge and Old Ms edge lies in same in start menu.: Hello, Iam a windows user after installing microsoft edge on my PC. the old ms edge cant hidden. You can see in the screenshot. I want to remove the old ms edge. Plz help[ATTACH]...
  3. Start Menu and ms-settings don't work

Start Menu and ms-settings don't work: Greetings, When I woke up and turned on my PC everything was normal but, when I signed in everything was black I can move my cursor around and open task manager but nothing else. After a few minutes, the desktop loaded and now I cannot open the start menu and any of the...
  4. Can't type in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in start menu?: After Windows automatically restart to install their amazing new update, I can no longer type in the start menu. I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana and running ctfmon.exe, but none of it has worked. This issue only started when...
  5. Typing search in start menu still goes to Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing search in start menu still goes to Edge: I have set my default browser as Firefox but if I type a search in the start menu it still opens Edge (with Bing). Is there any setting that I can use to say always use FF even when I do a search? I have Googled endlessly and all I can find is how to set the defaults. Many...
  6. weird problems with start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird problems with start menu and settings: Its my first post in this subreddit so be kind. I do tech support, so for me this one is weird In the last couple of days my main win10 machine has problem with the start power icon having no effect(right clicking works) and if i go to settings i can't type anything into the...
  7. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...
  8. Start menu/task bar ms-settings broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu/task bar ms-settings broken: Hello I just did a factory reset of my Surface pro(5th gen) and now clicking/touching the start menu icon or pressing it on my keyboard doesn't work. The buttons on the bottom right of the taskbar are also unresponsive but pinned apps work. Trying to open ms-settings:...
  9. Start Menu and Settings problems.

Start Menu and Settings problems.: After applying the most recent forced update my start menu no longer works. Clicking on the button or attempting to type into the search bar does not function and there is a significant decrease in performance. What I've tried so far to fix it: 1. Restarting the...
  10. Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!

Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!: Hi - I'm having trouble with windows on my Surface Pro. I'm using Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). On my toolbar the following items are unresponsive to left clicks: Start Menu Cortana Any items in the far right corner (calendar, wifi, battery, etc)...