Windows 10: Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue?

Discus and support Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having trouble with typing on Windows 10 version 1709. Text appears as courier font, heavily spaced, and a drop down box usually appears showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silverfox2018, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue?

I am having trouble with typing on Windows 10 version 1709. Text appears as courier font, heavily spaced, and a drop down box usually appears showing letter options in other languages (though sometimes the box is blank). At first it was normal when using chrome, but now it happens on all browsers and when typing in the search bar on the desktop. It makes it impossible to search for things or type anything normally.

I have tried changing things in advanced language settings; no boxes are checked on the input methods or anything else. Languages are all set to English, including in Firefox which is where I first noticed the issue. I am not sure what else to check on.

This is a shared computer so I do not know if someone else changed the settings in any way - and I am very unfamiliar with Win10. Any help is appreciated.

Below is an example of what the text looks like. (I am typing this on a different computer).

I am using Windows 10 version 1709. When I type, text appears as a font similar to courier, with lar ...

Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue? [​IMG]

:)

silverfox2018, Aug 1, 2018

2. Typing Problem:Spaces between letters; language issue?

I am having trouble with typing on Windows 10 version 1709. Text appears as courier font, heavily spaced, and a drop down box usually appears showing letter options in other languages (though sometimes the box is blank). At first it was normal when using chrome, but now it happens on all browsers and when typing in the search bar on the desktop. It makes it impossible to search for things or type anything normally.

I have tried changing things in advanced language settings; no boxes are checked on the input methods or anything else. Languages are all set to English, including in Firefox which is where I first noticed the issue. I am not sure what else to check on.

This is a shared computer so I do not know if someone else changed the settings in any way - and I am very unfamiliar with Win10. Any help is appreciated.

Below is an example of what the text looks like. (I am typing this on a different computer).

I am using Windows 10 version 1709. When I type, text appears as a font similar to courier, with lar ...

silverfox2018, Sep 28, 2018
  3. I can't change keyboard language by Win + space

Hi,

This issue may arise when multiple language has been deleted accidently or when it is missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

• As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if multiple keyboard layout has been configured under
      Region and language settings.
    • Type region and language on the search bar.
    • Select Region and Language settings and check if you have installed multiple languages under a language pack.

This issue may also arise due to corruptions in Windows components and I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Type settings on the search bar, choose Update and Security
    and click Check for Updates.

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: ms-settings:windowsupdate

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue?

upgraded to Windows 10. How do I type a letter

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Where are you trying to type a letter?
    • Which application or program are you using to type the letter?

I suggest you to use WordPad or notepad for type the letter or any documents or else please do let us know what exactly you are trying to do? Which application are you looking for typing the letter?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist you further on this issue.

Karthicka_R, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue?

1. Typing Problem: Spaces between letters; language issue? - Similar Threads - Typing Problem Spaces

2. Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it: How can i fix the problem that unwanted grave accents are typing.. In between letters, unnecessarily coming gave accent. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unnecessarily-typing-grave-accent-in-between/0355c7e3-c779-40e4-bbbe-31853a567201
  3. Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it: How can i fix the problem that unwanted grave accents are typing.. In between letters, unnecessarily coming gave accent. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unnecessarily-typing-grave-accent-in-between/0355c7e3-c779-40e4-bbbe-31853a567201
  4. Typing language issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing language issue: I have installed only russian and english language [united kingdom] in the setting, but each time I start my computer additional languages [arabic and english -united states ] appear. It is annoying. I cannot get rid of it in the setting....
  5. Typing language issue

Typing language issue: I have installed only russian and english language [united kingdom] in the setting, but each time I start my computer additional languages [arabic and english -united states ] appear. It is annoying. I cannot get rid of it in the setting....
  6. Justify without space between letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Justify without space between letters: Hi, what is alternative for ctrlshift-J to full the page? the ^w, ^p ^l are finished searched so there's zero replacement if I do again the ^p, so whats the next move for this? because ctrlshift-J gives space between letters, consuming space. why I cant ^p? because I ^w them...
  7. Justify without space between letters

Justify without space between letters: Hi, what is alternative for ctrlshift-J to full the page? the ^w, ^p ^l are finished searched so there's zero replacement if I do again the ^p, so whats the next move for this? because ctrlshift-J gives space between letters, consuming space. why I cant ^p? because I ^w them...
  8. Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages: Hi, I'm on Windows 11 and recently noticed the shortcut "Windows + Space Bar" will switch between my computer's languages and keyboard layout. Shortcut used to be ALT + Shift and could be disabled by going into Time & Language > Typing > Advanced keyboard settings > Language...
  9. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  10. Issue while switching between languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue while switching between languages: Hey, I'm using Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I started having a weird problem. I have both Hebrew and English keyboards installed and used. Recently when I click to change languages Hebrew is counted 2ce even though it appears on the list only 1ce. So if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my keyboard typing with space and different fonts