Windows 10: Typing problems in Facebook after latest Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Typing problems in Facebook after latest Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update I have had problems typing in Facebook. There is a lag and this often causes something typed second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PremGoodnight, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Typing problems in Facebook after latest Windows 10 Update

Ever since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update I have had problems typing in Facebook. There is a lag and this often causes something typed second to appear first. If I capitalize a letter the rest of the letters get captitalized. Often the spaces get in the wrong place meaning the first letter gets added to the previous word and then the space is inserted. This does not happen at all when working in Word. But it is happening in all the time in Facebook. I did notice that it is happening while typing this description but not nearly as bad. So it seems to happen when typing in an online application. Any ideas?

:)

PremGoodnight, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 10 Update causing Facebook Gameroom problems.

Hi NightStalker73a,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

1. May I know the updates that is installed?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to the issue?
    3. May I know if it has worked before?

I would suggest you to check and confirm if the Facebookgame room app, is compatible on your system and with Windows 10. However, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works out for you.

Step 1: Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

I suggest you to follow the article to
    Make older programs compatible
    with this version of Windows.

I would suggest you to check this thread on
    Facebook Gameroom
    , from Riel Alc created on September 27, 2017, and
    see if it helps.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Since updating windows 10 no Facebook or YouTube videos.

Hi Dewey,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update video adapter driver.

Verify that the latest drivers for the display adapter are installed.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the
      top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and perform the steps mentioned under “Update driver” section.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also
    applicable for windows 10)

Method 2:

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other
    things. Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Windows and X keys together.

Step 2. Click on Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

Step 4. Please check with the optional driver updates through windows update and check if it helps. And for more information I suggest you to refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

(Also applicable for windows 10)

Method 3: If the issue still prissiest, install the Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 drivers.

Step 2. Right click on the downloaded driver file.

Step 3. Click/tap on Troubleshoot Compatibility.

I also suggest install the latest drivers available for Windows 10 from manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 11, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Typing problems in Facebook after latest Windows 10 Update

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Typing problems in Facebook after latest Windows 10 Update

1. Typing problems in Facebook after latest Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Typing problems Facebook

2. Problems after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after windows 10 latest update: The first issue goes back to Dec. 2018... the sound on bluetooth is so raspy you can't even make out what people are saying. Have tried it with several bluetootgh devices and it is the same with all of them. Starting yesterday. the screen goes black and I have to power down...
  3. Latest Windows 10 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Windows 10 Update Problems: My windows 10 updated this week of Jan 7 2019 and now my snipping tool does not work. When I open snipping tool and click the cursor to snip an image, the whole screen goes gray and I can't snip anything. It was working fine before the update....
  4. Windows 10 Update causing Facebook Gameroom problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update causing Facebook Gameroom problems.: I am hoping someone can help me with this. Since the October update I have had problems getting Facebook gameroom to stay that it is in fact usable for more than once. Keep on repeatedly uninstalling and installing, tried changing date, even have the other version of adobe...
  5. Windows 10 latest update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update problem: Hello guys I have a problem with the windows 10 latest update , my pc keeps on rebooting non stop and everytime it showa this message " the installation of the update is impossible , cancelling the modification " then it install the update again thwn cancel the modification...
  6. Facebook Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Problem: Not a W10 problem, but thought I would ask anyway....Find Friends has stopped working on Facebook, anyone know how to get it working again ? 113546
  7. Facebook Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Problem: Not a W10 problem, but thought I would ask anyway....Find Friends has stopped working on Facebook, anyone know how to get it working again ? 113546
  8. Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 brings Reactions and more in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 brings Reactions and more in latest update: Last week we reported that Facebook has released a new and big update for its Messenger Beta application for Windows 10 users. The update was available for users enrolled in the Beta program of the Messenger application. Today the company has released a new update for its...
  9. Problems with Edge after latest update?

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Edge after latest update?: Updated to the latest 10 update last night and Edge is almost unuseable. Takes about 5-10 minutes for the computer (esp Edge) to unfreeze and start playing nice. Anyone else having this issue? 31513
  10. problems with facebook app update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with facebook app update: Anyone having issues with the facebook app update, checked this morning and app update is offered in store. It downloads, and completes but the update keeps getting offered again, over and over. Downloads, completes each time fine. Weird behaviour. Launching the app and it...