Windows 10: Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

Discus and support Typing screen fills up with forward slashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mike.liebermike.lieber, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes. ///////////////////////// If I do nothing, the slashes continue filling the area ad infinitum. ///////etc.. What can I do to stop this?

:)

mike.liebermike.lieber, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Cannot get Forward OR Backward Slash to work in Windows 10

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we are happy to help you.

You are not able use forward slash key and backward slash key on your keyboard

Could you answer few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    • Do you have problem with any other keys?

I would like you to use On screen keyboard and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key+W and type On Screen Key Board.
    • Select Turn on screen Key Board on or off.
    • Click on Start On Screen Key Board.
    A new key board window will open up. Try to use that and check if it works.

Post back us with results. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 20, 2019
  3. system suddenly started typing forward slash character on screen

My system suddenly started typing character forward slash on screen. I tried to disable my laptop inbuilt keyboard but its also not disabling.

Moved from:
    Windows
    /Windows 10/
    Devices & drivers

AkshayMonde, Jun 20, 2019
  4. PatfotoE Win User

Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

Windows 10 automatically typing slash (/)

I type a backslash for a web address into the browser and when I hit "enter" it changes my backslash to a forward slash. Whats up?

PatfotoE, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

1. Typing screen fills up with forward slashes - Similar Threads - Typing screen fills

2. Forward Slash Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forward Slash Doesn't Work: I have used different keyboards, and my PC doesn't detect forward slash "/"Pressing shift and clicking lets me type the question mark "?"Even the On-Screen-Keyboard also doesn't input "/"The keyboards work fine on other PCs but not this PC.I have updated drivers and even...
  3. Forward Slash Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forward Slash Doesn't Work: I have used different keyboards, and my PC doesn't detect forward slash "/"Pressing shift and clicking lets me type the question mark "?"Even the On-Screen-Keyboard also doesn't input "/"The keyboards work fine on other PCs but not this PC.I have updated drivers and even...
  4. Forward slashes keep typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forward slashes keep typing on its own: For some reason my computer won’t stop typing forward slashes on its own. I have switched keyboards and mouses, is there something else I can do to stop this? I have to use my phone to write this because I am unable to type anything when I try it’s just ///////////////....
  5. Keyboard automaticaly type slash /

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard automaticaly type slash /: My laptop is Hasee X3 G1, upon updating to windows 10 pro, my keyboard suddenly type slash/ non stop. Sometimes I cant even logon to my account after restart. Can someone please help me fix this issue?...
  6. Keyboard keeps pressing forward slash /

Keyboard keeps pressing forward slash /: Yesterday I had some problems with my keyboard it literally went crazy, pressing random letters and then it stopped working, but after I had googled the problem and restarted the laptop a few times, it seemed like the problem has been solved. However, today, if I tried typing...
  7. Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing

Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing: This is to inform Microsoft that "names" of any printer driver for windows 10 should not include forward slash "/". Including forward slash "/" in the printer driver "name" will cause issues at sharing time from other PCs. Sharing will not possible because windows will...
  8. Forward slash key works but question mark is not working.

Forward slash key works but question mark is not working.: I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. Everything was working fine but from yesterday I've noticed my Question Mark key on keyboard is not working. I don't think it is a hardware problem, because Forward Slash under Question Mark key is working fine. Neither it is the problem...
  9. Forward Slash

Forward Slash: Im going to lose my mind, I can not stand this keyboard....top row 3 button has a forward slash, and I see another forward slash as well on the last row, bottom right next to the CAPS button, but neither one works....Ive tried switching from English Canadian to English...
  10. Slashing Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slashing Screen: How can I fix my flashing screen on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slashing-screen/ca5974fd-4366-4681-b9a1-53b99d087121