Windows 10: Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10

Discus and support Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I just got a new laptop. My old one was so old I never used it and so am not very familiar with Windows 10. I used my iPad for pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hunter328, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10

Hello everyone.

I just got a new laptop. My old one was so old I never used it and so am not very familiar with Windows 10. I used my iPad for pretty much everything.

I’m setting up the laptop now and have had to enter my email probably a dozen times already.

Is there a way, like there is on iPad, to set things so that when I type the first few letters of my email address I can then just hit the space bar to automatically fill in the rest? Anything similar might help as well.

Thank you for any help!

Have a great day!!!

submitted by /u/Hunter328
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hunter328, Mar 9, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10 :)

terrace, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10 :)

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10

1. Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Typing Shortcuts

2. When i do the shortcut for the vertical line it types the ~ instead for both the US english...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i do the shortcut for the vertical line it types the ~ instead for both the US english...: How do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-the-shortcut-for-the-vertical-line-it/9a49dcbf-634d-4c46-ac6b-2c2221b2af2b
  3. When i do the shortcut for the vertical line it types the ~ instead for both the US english...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i do the shortcut for the vertical line it types the ~ instead for both the US english...: How do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-the-shortcut-for-the-vertical-line-it/9a49dcbf-634d-4c46-ac6b-2c2221b2af2b
  4. What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...: When I use some website for programming then the text suggestion come on top of keyword/function, which is annoying and going to settings just to change settings again and again does is not productive. I cannot locate shortcut, if there is none there should be, are there any...
  5. What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...

What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...: When I use some website for programming then the text suggestion come on top of keyword/function, which is annoying and going to settings just to change settings again and again does is not productive. I cannot locate shortcut, if there is none there should be, are there any...
  6. What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...: I'm trying to learn what the keyboard shortcut key or combo for going into a text writing mode in Microsoft's Whiteboard application. Is there one that I can use and if not, why not?There is a keyboard shortcut for going into a pen drawing mode, multiple ones in fact. So, it...
  7. What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...

What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...: I'm trying to learn what the keyboard shortcut key or combo for going into a text writing mode in Microsoft's Whiteboard application. Is there one that I can use and if not, why not?There is a keyboard shortcut for going into a pen drawing mode, multiple ones in fact. So, it...
  8. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.: Hello I have a T440s Lenovo Business Laptop. I have upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 for a few years now and nothing has ever happened like this before. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, Restarting computer, checking for the latest drivers for my keyboard,...
  9. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.: Hello I have a T440s Lenovo Business Laptop. I have upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 for a few years now and nothing has ever happened like this before. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, Restarting computer, checking for the latest drivers for my keyboard,...
  10. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware