Windows 10: typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email

Discus and support typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When setting up my new laptop I made a typo in my email address gmial instead of Gmail, because of that I'm unable to verify it. but however I logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonyYahasiel, Aug 18, 2020.

1. typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email

When setting up my new laptop I made a typo in my email address gmial instead of Gmail, because of that I'm unable to verify it. but however I logged from my right email again, now there are two Microsoft accounts on my laptop and I cant see the remove option in manage accounts for the wrong email.

Please help me out. typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email 31ebf2ad-2f2a-4120-938a-6edf95b81a04?upload=true.jpg

:)

TonyYahasiel, Aug 18, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 18, 2020
  3. webJockey Win User
    email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, Aug 18, 2020
  4. typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email

1. typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email - Similar Threads - typo Microsoft account

2. Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?: I received an email today that there has been suspicious login activity on my Microsoft account, associated with my Gmail address. My Microsoft account is rarely used and is under a Hotmail address. Now here is where it gets weird.If I start the login process with my Gmail...
  3. wrong email for account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  4. wrong email for account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  5. wrong email for account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Wrong Microsoft account email address

Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  7. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  8. Wrong email account

Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  9. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Cant remove email account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant remove email account?: I have had a comcast email account signed into my windows 10 mail app for over a year now, and now suddenly it stopped working. its almost as if the email doesn't even exist in app anymore? I can't right click to manage or delete the account. and when I go into...