Windows 10: Typo on Windows 10 COA

Discus and support Typo on Windows 10 COA in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I opened up a OEM copy of Windows 10 today, did the lottery scratch off to expose the product key, and the key only has 24 characters. The first set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Peter - ED3, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Typo on Windows 10 COA

I opened up a OEM copy of Windows 10 today, did the lottery scratch off to expose the product key, and the key only has 24 characters.

The first set is only four characters long -> XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Since is now nearly impossible to actually call someone @ Microsoft to fix this, anyone have any ideas where to start the email chain?

:)

Peter - ED3, Jan 24, 2019

2. [FS][US] Windows COA/Licences and stuff

I think you have a minor typo there or those are some expensive keys. *Stick Out Tongue Typo on Windows 10 COA :p

Either way friendly bump.

JrRacinFan, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Typo on Windows 10 COA

Hi Peter,

if this really is a typo, you need to call Microsoft support.

But probably the first symbol was scratched. Is there a place for a letter at the beginning of code? If yes, there were a letter. You may try to shade this place with a very soft pencil. Sometimes this may help to view a letter's contours.

Igor Leyko, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Typo on Windows 10 COA

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Typo on Windows 10 COA

1. Typo on Windows 10 COA - Similar Threads - Typo COA

2. When setting up this new computer I entered ........@gamail - a now obvious typo!

in Windows 10 Customization
    When setting up this new computer I entered ........@gamail - a now obvious typo!: While I can use the computer - get emails and downloads OK - when I try to run a downloaded printer driver Brother I am unable to switch out of S mode to enable it to run. Windows asks me to verify using this incorrect email address and sends the code to this non-existent...
  3. Typo in my Email for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Typo in my Email for my laptop: When I was setting up my laptop I needed to create an email for the Microsoft account and there was a typo in the email. The email ended in .comd so the email is now invalid and I have forgotten my password. And I co.t set up the "forgot my password" since to do that I need...
  4. windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?: I was scammed and had a new solid state hard drive put in my laptop. I tried to set up a windows password and proceded to create a pin. My new password is being rejected so the only thing I can imagine is that I managed to type the same error twice and ended up with some...
  5. My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...: My uncle reinstalled Windows on my computer, and made the main Microsoft account admin, but made a typo in my email! I don't have access to that -whoops-email address obviously, or to the password. Is there a way to switch it to my actual email without reinstalling...
  6. I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...: This problem is on my other laptop, which lives in the loft music studio. (The one I am on now lives downstairs, and is just fine. I know my login details for this machine - by heart, and don't want to change anything on this.) Windows update however, appears to...
  7. email typo

in Windows 10 Customization
    email typo: When registering my Microsoft user account for windows 10, I made a typo in my email address and can't validate the address. How can I fix the typo in the address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-typo/095678c7-6455-45af-a979-2cb5d6436bfe
  8. typo in email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    typo in email: During Initial setup of Windows 10, I apparently have a typo in my email address for administrator. I typed @gmial instead of gmail. How do I fix it? It keeps saying it is sending a verification code but I can't get it because the email doesn't exist....
  9. Problem restarting and starting processes - NTUserClearForefround (not a typo)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem restarting and starting processes - NTUserClearForefround (not a typo): I'm having problems rebooting which I think is because multiple processes can't start because they're looking for a missing file. The error message is "NtUserClearForefround could not be located in dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll" and yes it's...
  10. Typos in Win10 EULA and Settings. Is this a dodgy copy???

in Windows 10 Support
    Typos in Win10 EULA and Settings. Is this a dodgy copy???: Hey guys, I bought an ASUS ROG gaming laptop from Best Buy. An open box unit, saving $150. I noticed some typo's in the EULA. Could this be a dodgy copy of WIN10? Maybe someone wrote and installed a modified version? Security breach? *Tongue 103921