Windows 10: U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

Discus and support U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I received following link /news from US dept . of Homeland Security, regarding Windows security issue. U.S. Government Announces Critical... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mu-Aslam, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Mu-Aslam Win User

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

Mu-Aslam, Jun 19, 2019

2. Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments

Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users [​IMG]
    Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...0UE00720151231

Cluster Head, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Microsoft 365 for US Government

Source: Announcing Microsoft 365 for US Government

Brink, Jun 19, 2019
  4. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

Microsoft Officially Announces the Windows 10 "China Government" Edition

Remember that piece regarding Microsoft's Windows 10 for the chinese government? Well, Microsoft has just officially announced it in its Shanghai presentation today. In a joint-venture with China's government, CETC (China Electronics Technology Group), CMIT (a conglomerate of China-based manufacturers), and Lenovo, the Redmond-based company has apparently managed to deliver what they themselves thought impossible: a version of their operating system that doesn't spy on its users. Lenovo, as you might have guessed already, will be one of the first OEM partners to preinstall Windows 10 China Government Edition on new devices.

Based on Windows 10 Enterprise Edition, the Windows 10 China Government Edition ironically ticks all the boxes for what enthusiasts would like to see from their OS: it's a modular approach to Windows, where users (read, in this case, government entities) can remove features they aren't looking to take advantage of (like OneDrive), whilst giving the capability to "manage all telemetry and updates." Aren't those just great features to have?

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users 781a63a5c4cb_thm.jpg

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users 8fc3b961c98f_thm.jpg

China's government previously banned Windows 8 and its derivatives, citing security concerns, and later launched an anti-monopoly probe against Microsoft. This meant that Microsoft was largely left out of China's huge state-backed enterprises in China - and one can imagine how lucrative a market this one is. Microsoft surely wouldn't be willing to allow such a chance of revenue to just jostle over to the Linux field, following the Chinese government's attempts to craft a custom OS (Kylin, which failed) and recent efforts with new NeoKylin initiative.

I just love that title, and all of the implications behind it.

Source: Windows Blogs

Raevenlord, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

1. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users - Similar Threads - Government Announces Critical

2. Critical errors & warnings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Critical errors & warnings: I have W10. I recently found out that windows defender does not have a firewall for the internet. My system is full of errors and warnings. How do I remove them? Do I need software that will give me a firewall for the internet? Can I get it through MS?...
  3. U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 "Update Now" Alert

in Windows 10 News
    U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 "Update Now" Alert: When the technical director of the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) Cybersecurity Directorate, and the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), both urge Windows 10 users to take action and update as soon as possible, you...
  4. Google sent 12k warnings about government-backed attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Google sent 12k warnings about government-backed attacks: Google sent more than 12,000 security warnings to users in 149 countries about email attacks coming from a government-backed hacking group. The number only includes alerts sent between July and September 2019 (Q3 2019), Google said in a blog post today authored by Shane...
  5. u s b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...
  6. u s b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...
  7. How to contact Microsoft Governance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to contact Microsoft Governance: I give up. Since Microsoft bought out Skype, it has become too much hassle to log in. I've spent hours dealing with "try another account or Facebook" type ideas, changing passwords, and the rest. So it's goodbye Skype for me. In past cases like this, I've sent an email to...
  8. Announcing Microsoft 365 for US Government

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft 365 for US Government: Make no mistake: over the last few years, we’ve seen faster acceleration of government organizations moving to the cloud. So why now? This move is driven largely by the desire to bring the most up-to-date tools and capabilities to employees to meet demands for mobility and...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 China Government Edition and more

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 China Government Edition and more: dRjYjSPB57Q Today in Shanghai, China we announced that with strong support of CETC and Microsoft, CMIT, our joint venture has now developed Windows 10 China Government Edition for China government customers and Lenovo will be one of the first OEM partners to preinstall...
  10. Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments: Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments [img] Microsoft Corp said on Wednesday it will begin warning users of its consumer services including Outlook.com email when the company suspects that a government has been trying to hack into their...