Windows 10: U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 "Update Now" Alert

Discus and support U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 "Update Now" Alert in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When the technical director of the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) Cybersecurity Directorate, and the Department of Homeland Security's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 "Update Now" Alert

When the technical director of the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) Cybersecurity Directorate, and the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), both urge Windows 10 users to take action and update as soon as possible, you might suspect that something serious has happened.

Read more: U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 ‘Update Now’ Alert

:)

Brink, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Mu-Aslam Win User

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

Hi,

I received following link /news from US dept . of Homeland Security, regarding Windows security issue.

I wonder if Microsoft has any say on it.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Muhammad

Mu-Aslam, Jan 17, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

windows 10 critical update

Hi Stacee,

It is possible that a black screen may occur due to critical system error or corrupted system file. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot black
    screen error. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 "Update Now" Alert - Similar Threads - Government Issues Critical

2. Critical alert from Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Critical alert from Windows: Is the phone number 1-888-695-1629 a Microsoft support number? I have a critical alert from Windows on my lap top. This phone number appears along with an audible alarm and other warnings. The lady that answered wanted me to download Ultraviewer. I decided to try and verify...
  3. Windows 10 Update issue(s)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update issue(s): About to throw in the towel. I used to have a clue about this stuff, but my attention has been wandering and am no longer as fluent in this as I used to be. In any event, I have an older (approx 10 yrs) Gateway FX6800-01e that I have been managing to run Windows 10 on...
  4. Critical Google Chrome Alert

Critical Google Chrome Alert: Is this a Microsoft Help Desk number? 1-877-242-4839 ? Received a Critical Google Chrome Alert and was told to call Microsoft Support Desk at that number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/critical-google-chrome-alert/dc9f4d35-de40-4726-8d23-e09eb02c3d73
  5. UPDATE WINDOWS NOW. IT'S CRITICAL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE WINDOWS NOW. IT'S CRITICAL: August's Windows updates are critical. I know a lot of us like to turn off automatic updates and that's cool, no one wants to deal with possible update bugs. These updates are dealing with serious vulnerabilities that affect all systems back to XP. I urge you to please get...
  6. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users: Hi, I received following link /news from US dept . of Homeland Security, regarding Windows security issue. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users...
  7. Alert - Windows Critical Boot 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alert - Windows Critical Boot 1: Windows Critical Boot 1 Flashing up on screen. Windows up to date . Can someone tell me how to fix this. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alert-windows-critical-boot-1/4b9a55d0-b770-490b-9b53-151616a28c87
  8. u s b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...
  9. u s b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...
  10. 'Windows 10 S' is now 'Windows 10 Now with S Mode'

in Windows 10 News
    'Windows 10 S' is now 'Windows 10 Now with S Mode': [img] When Microsoft announced Windows 10 S, it was immediately clear that this SKU didn’t fit well into Microsoft’s lineup. It was pitched as a complete product and that it could also be upgraded (for free) to a full version of Windows but based on documents I was able...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. criticl windows 10 update

2. government critical alert windows 10 update

3. windows 10 s mode alert

4. windows 10 update issues government,
  5. www.iservicesllc.com/nsa-microsoft-urge-windows-10-users-to-update-immediately/,
  6. U.S. Government Issues Critical Windows 10 ‘Update Now’ Alert