Windows 10: U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to use my Trezor security key as a U2F 2FA device to sign into a website. The pop up comes up, but nothing appears on my device. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenY., Mar 23, 2023.

1. BenY. Win User

U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro

When I try to use my Trezor security key as a U2F 2FA device to sign into a website. The pop up comes up, but nothing appears on my device. It is supposed to pop up on the device and ask if I want to authorize but it does not. The windows pop up asks me to take action on my security key, but pressing the button does nothing, and again nothing comes up on the key itself. I have tried on chrome, firefox and edge and nothing works. This security key DOES work on my other Windows 10 Home laptop but not my Windows 10 Pro desktop pc. I have tried reinstalling the trezor software, reinstalling driver

:)

BenY., Mar 23, 2023
  2. AleSil Win User

fido U2F support in Windows and Office

For a while, a 3rd party software like
    Rohos
    can be used for Windows login with U2F key.

AleSil, Mar 23, 2023
  3. FIDO / U2F Support in Windows 10

Phil,

I have been looking for more info on this as well. But haven't found anything concrete. So far what I understand is that Windows 10 can FIDO UAF / FIDO U2F authenticate into other services that talk FIDO for Authentication, but you can not use FIDO U2F Security
    Token for logging into Windows like you would on a ChromeOS device. So Windows 10 is acting as a FIDO U2F / UAF device.

(As far as I know)

Saqib

ثاقب علی, Mar 23, 2023
  4. U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro

1. U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - U2F security key

2. U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro: When I try to use my Trezor security key as a U2F 2FA device to sign into a website. The pop up comes up, but nothing appears on my device. It is supposed to pop up on the device and ask if I want to authorize but it does not. The windows pop up asks me to take action on my...
  3. U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    U2F security key no longer works on Windows 10 Pro: When I try to use my Trezor security key as a U2F 2FA device to sign into a website. The pop up comes up, but nothing appears on my device. It is supposed to pop up on the device and ask if I want to authorize but it does not. The windows pop up asks me to take action on my...
  4. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  5. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  6. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. U2F not working also want to use multiple keys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    U2F not working also want to use multiple keys: Hi everyone,For a little background, you can skip this paragraph:So a couple months ago I bought a yubikey in order to be safer however I was scared that if I were to loose it I would loose access to just about everything I had setup with it so I decided to buy another...
  8. Windows Key is No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key is No Longer Working: The other day I was bouncing back and forth between the game I was playing and YouTube, at some point I brought up a menu that showed key control settings; Like which key did what. I'm not sure if it was hot keys or what, I looked at the screen briefly and don't know what I...
  9. Windows Key No Longer Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Key No Longer Working: So within the last week or so I noticed my windows key has stopped responding. I can't use it at all. My laptop is pretty sturdy so I don't think its a mechanical issue. I have tried multiple strategies to get the key working again. Ive checked updates, disabled game mode,...
  10. Windows 10 key no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 key no longer works: After installing the new Windows update on 8/7/19 or 8/8/19, my windows key will not validate. My computer starts like normal, but I have a message in the bottom right corner of my screen. When I try to validate my copy of windows, which is legit and I bought from Best Buy a...