Windows 10: Uable to recover Microsoft account password

Discus and support Uable to recover Microsoft account password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows 10 PC which I stupidly setup with one account when new. I have now setup child accounts but as no one seems to recall the "main"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by drgl, Mar 4, 2021.

1. drgl Win User

Uable to recover Microsoft account password

Hi,

I have a windows 10 PC which I stupidly setup with one account when new. I have now setup child accounts but as no one seems to recall the "main" account password I created a new administrator account.

This is all working fine.

However, I wanted to add the old admin account to the family account but no one can recall this accounts password!

I've tried to recover the password using the form but this fails every single time. The phone number also doesn't work-says we are experiencing an issue with this service, again every single time tried over a number of weeks!

Is there any way to simply have this account reset? I can still access the email associated with the account but I need to be able to log into the Microsoft account to accept the request to join the family.

I would simply delete this account but my son has his Minecraft game installed on it, I've tried installing Minecraft on his new account but there doesn't seem to be a way to change which Microsoft account is associated with his Minecraft account & user name?

So, to sum up, I can access the email that is associated with the MS account but I can not reset the MS account password!

:)

drgl, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Recover forgotten Microsoft account?

Hi Robert,

Changing the password is one you can do to make sure your account is secure. To resolve your concern, we suggest the you follow the steps in this article:

How to reset your Microsoft account password
    or you may preform it by clicking on this
    link. It will let you reset your password and recover your Microsoft account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 4, 2021
  3. How to Reset & Recover Microsoft Account

This Forum article walks you through the account password reset, account recovery process, and offers tips and tricks to help get you into your account as quickly as possible.

A Microsoft
    account (formerly knowns as Windows Live ID) is what you use to sign in to
    Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your experiences on devices and services more personal and relevant
    to you.

Watch the Instructional Video on the step by step password reset & recovery

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE1ZRwx

Uable to recover Microsoft account password 04bdf669-13b1-4c11-8171-31ac39db2c5c.jpg

Password Reset

If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it. First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're
    sure you're using the right password but still can't sign in, you may need to reset your Microsoft Account password

To reset your password:

1. Go to the Reset your password page -
      Reset your password
    2. The short video provides step by step guide on how to reset your Microsoft Account Password
    3. To learn more on how you can protect your Microsoft Account, visit
      How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

Account Recovery

If resetting your Microsoft Account password does not work, you may still recover your account by answering the Recovery Form.
    The account recovery form is meant to be the last option to get you back into your account. the recovery form gives you a chance to prove that you own your account.

Fill out Recovery Form

1. Go to https://account.live.com/acsr
    2. Enter a working email address that we can use to contact you about your account recovery
    3. The short video provides step by step guide on how to recover your Microsoft Account through ACSR
    4. To lean more on Recovering Microsoft Account, please visit
      https://aka.ms/MSArecovery

Note:

The account recovery form works by asking questions about your account that only you could answer. Then, we review your answers and respond within 24 hours with either instructions to get back in to your account or a denial. Keep
    these tips in mind to help you succeed:

• Use a computer we’ll recognize. If possible, fill out the form on a computer that you’ve used to sign in to your account before.
    • Answer as many questions as possible. Not all the questions will apply to you, and that's ok. Don't worry if you don't have an answer. But it's better to guess and be close than to leave a question blank.
    • Give us a working email to contact you. We won't use this email address for spam, only to give you the results of your recovery request. You can even use a friend's account, or create a free temporary email.
    • If you have two-step verification turned on for your account, the recovery form won’t work. When you turn on two-step verification, we promise not to let anyone sign in without two forms of identification, no matter how much information
      they know about your account. Visit this page to learn more about two step verification

PaulSey..., Mar 4, 2021
  4. Uable to recover Microsoft account password

Recover Microsoft User Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The only way to recover his account password is to reset the password of his Microsoft Account. To do so you require access to his phone or email account.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

If you have access to neither of these, you may have to create a new User account using the media creation tool.

Let us know if you require further steps to create a new user account using media creation tool.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Uable to recover Microsoft account password

1. Uable to recover Microsoft account password - Similar Threads - Uable recover Microsoft

2. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  3. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  4. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  5. recover Windows password and account password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover Windows password and account password.: My brother-in-law recently passed leaving behind a wife that knows nothing about family finances, etc. I have tried the recovery process twice but do not have enough accurate information she left everything entirely to him and knows nothing to verify. We currently can't...
  6. recover Windows password and account password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover Windows password and account password.: My brother-in-law recently passed leaving behind a wife that knows nothing about family finances, etc. I have tried the recovery process twice but do not have enough accurate information she left everything entirely to him and knows nothing to verify. We currently can't...
  7. Forgot Microsoft account password. Not able to recover.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Microsoft account password. Not able to recover.: Hi, I have my microsoft account -> *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I tried recovering my password atleast 15times till now, but was not able to. My microsoft account is linked to licensed copy of OS on my laptop. I am struggling to reset my passowrd. Day by...
  8. Recovering Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recovering Microsoft account password: Hi everyone, I just yesterday created a microsoft account and i am unable to remember it's password and now i cannot sign in. I try to recover using the recovery method on microsoft however i am unable to fill out all the information that is need for them to send a code like...
  9. Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account...: Good morning, I have created last year an Microsoft account for my 8 year old daughter, have not used it since now and forgot the password. When I am logged in with my account, I can see the child profile in Your Family, I can see the outlook.com address, I can see her...
  10. How to recover the system administrator password (not the Microsoft Account Password) in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover the system administrator password (not the Microsoft Account Password) in...: I changed the computer name to remove spaces from its title (via user accounts). This has resulted in the sign-on screen only allowing access to "Administrator" and "another_user". I did not set any passwords during the installation and "upgrade" to Windows 10 home (from...