Windows 10: UAC Blocking a program I have been using since august 2019

Discus and support UAC Blocking a program I have been using since august 2019 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why all of a sudden I get ArcSoft application blocked by Admin and I am the only Admin on this pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by canlink416, May 6, 2020.

1. UAC Blocking a program I have been using since august 2019

Why all of a sudden I get ArcSoft application blocked by Admin and I am the only Admin on this pc

:)

canlink416, May 6, 2020

2. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 6, 2020
  3. windows updates not installed since august 2019

Hi

Not one update for Windows 10 has now installed since August 2019 other than
    August 30, 2019 — KB4511555 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1903

I initially presumed this would be a known error and would eventually be resolved by a future update, but this clearly is not the case.

All updates are downloading without problem, but installation reached 98% and then starts to uninstall.

I've tried turning off my antivirus and firewall but that doesn't do anything either.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

chriswa(2), May 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

UAC Blocking a program I have been using since august 2019

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2020
Thema:

UAC Blocking a program I have been using since august 2019

1. UAC Blocking a program I have been using since august 2019 - Similar Threads - UAC Blocking program

2. I have not been able to use the Windows update service since 2019, any way I can fix this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have not been able to use the Windows update service since 2019, any way I can fix this...: I believe I have had this computer since 2018 and I got it as a used pre-built from Best Buy. I had no prior issues updating until 1/11/2019, I still don't know why the updating service has permanently stopped. I brushed it off at first assuming it was due to my internet and...
  3. I have not been able to use the Windows update service since 2019, any way I can fix this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have not been able to use the Windows update service since 2019, any way I can fix this...: I believe I have had this computer since 2018 and I got it as a used pre-built from Best Buy. I had no prior issues updating until 1/11/2019, I still don't know why the updating service has permanently stopped. I brushed it off at first assuming it was due to my internet and...
  4. I have not been able to use the Windows update service since 2019, any way I can fix this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ever since windows updated on August 10, 2023 I have been unable to connect to a game...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since windows updated on August 10, 2023 I have been unable to connect to a game...: On August 9, 2023, I was playing this game fine, with no issues and not having to use a VPN. On August 10, 2023, I woke up and I was no longer able to connect and play the game without using a VPN. The only thing that changed was a windows update, 2023-08 Cumulative Update...
  6. 2-5 BSOD's a day since August 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2-5 BSOD's a day since August 2019: Hi guys back in August 2019 I did a major upgrade from a old system windows 7 home with Intel 2500K to an Ryzen 5 AMD 3600 along with a new motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 and DDR4 ram with windows 10 64bit. attached the V2 Log collector asked for as part of making...
  7. UAC is blockes

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC is blockes: Hi, CMD, mostly windows command and 3rd party apps. can't open in admin mode. Each time UAC appears and ask for password. Abdul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-blockes/8ba61147-3aba-46ef-90b5-a05f4b9daed7
  8. My PC has experienced BSOD Several Times since August 2019 and I Have Been Unable to Solve It

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC has experienced BSOD Several Times since August 2019 and I Have Been Unable to Solve It: My pc is getting BSOD since August of 2019, I've contacted Microsoft support but the method they provided never worked, it's getting really annoying to deal with and I'm thinking about sending this PC to a repairing station. So I decided to turn to Reddit for help These are...
  9. windows updates not installed since august 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates not installed since august 2019: Hi Not one update for Windows 10 has now installed since August 2019 other than August 30, 2019 — KB4511555 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1903 I initially presumed this would be a known error and would eventually be resolved by a...
  10. UAC suddenly prompting on programs I frequently use

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC suddenly prompting on programs I frequently use: I don't know why but the UAC is suddenly popping up on programs I frequently use which it has never done before. For example during startup I have a 3rd party sound driver which I've been using for years, but all of a sudden UAC is asking if I should let it run. Obviously...