Windows 10: UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup

Discus and support UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm having issues with any programs which "Run as Administrator" loading at startup. Steam and Rainmeter are the two which are really annoying me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by khamseen, Aug 8, 2015.

1. khamseen Win User

UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup

I'm having issues with any programs which "Run as Administrator" loading at startup.
    Steam and Rainmeter are the two which are really annoying me just now. If I use the aero tweak tool to completely disable UAC then these programs start without any issues, but as soon as I re-enable them Windows just loads them as background processes without actually loading the programs.

I hate UAC, and would happily leave it off completely if not for the fact that some of the new Windows 10 programs plain refuse to work when UAC is disabled.

:)

khamseen, Aug 8, 2015
  2. timoe14 Win User

Problem with UAC in win 10

You haven't answered the question. How can we run programs that windows blocks (and therefore require UAC off) and also run windows programs (that require UAC on)? This seems to be a major flaw in an operating system....

timoe14, Aug 8, 2015
  3. My PCBackup suddenly blocked by Administrator (that's me)

Thank you for your suggestion. As you say, turning off UAC could affect the security of my computer. For that reason, I would rather try to solve this by convincing UAC to allow the program to run, as it has been for several years.

The message says that the administrator (that's me) has blocked the program from running and to contact the administrator (me) for more information. Obviously, that's not an option.

It would be helpful to know what condition has changed that would cause UAC to suddenly block the program. I don't know how to get this information.

I'll report the situation to the MyPC Backup people. Maybe they have run into this problem already.

PeteTheGolfer, Aug 8, 2015
  4. khamseen Win User

Any update on this?

I still can't run any programs at startup which require administrator privileges. I've also noticed my anti spyware software is affected by this and I have to keep manually running it after boot. It's getting to be a real pain in the backside.

khamseen, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup - Similar Threads - UAC blocking certain

2. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  3. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  4. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?

How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?: I am always running this program and the UAC pop-ups are kind of annoying. I don't want to disable UAC because it's useful for other programs, so how can I make it not ask just for this one? This solution:...
  6. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?: I am always running this program and the UAC pop-ups are kind of annoying. I don't want to disable UAC because it's useful for other programs, so how can I make it not ask just for this one? This solution:...
  7. UAC is blockes

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC is blockes: Hi, CMD, mostly windows command and 3rd party apps. can't open in admin mode. Each time UAC appears and ask for password. Abdul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-blockes/8ba61147-3aba-46ef-90b5-a05f4b9daed7
  8. Windows blocks microphone in certain program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows blocks microphone in certain program: In Windows 10, my microphone works fine with some apps like Skype. I've installed Teamviewer and the microphone is blocked, so the other side doesn't hear me. I suppose it is blocked by Windows. I opened Settings > Privacy > Microphone with the intent to allow Teamviewer...
  9. Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?: Has anyone noticed this recently? I have a handful of programs, none of which are related, that no longer run automatically at startup. I'm wondering if a recent update did something. submitted by /u/grizzlypass [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 blocks program from running

Windows 10 blocks program from running: Hello all, I just upgraded my 62 bit PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, Windows 10 now blocks todoUS backup "for my protection". It says "not trusted" and "incompatible". I've tried everything to override this, including importing the certificate, changing...