Windows 10: UAC control

Discus and support UAC control in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using a laptop with Windows 10. I want to change the User Account Control settings to 'Never Notify.' When I do this and restart the laptop, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rob 80113, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Rob 80113 Win User

UAC control

I am using a laptop with Windows 10. I want to change the User Account Control settings to 'Never Notify.' When I do this and restart the laptop, the settings go back to 'Always Notify.' I am the only user and the System Administrator.

How can I keep the settings to the 'Never Notify' position?

:)

Rob 80113, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

UAC control 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 7, 2018
  3. UAC control

Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

UAC control

1. UAC control - Similar Threads - UAC control

2. User Account Control (UAC) Warning Message Flies Under other Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Control (UAC) Warning Message Flies Under other Windows: Is there a way to get the User Account Control warning screen: "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" to be displayed on top? Currently it flies under everything and the only way to realize that it is waiting for user input is to look at the taskbar....
  3. How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?: By default the UAC consent prompt pops open in a new virtual screen which is a hassle. How do I get it to appear in my main desktop's screen? Zach...
  4. Power Options and UAC Account Control

Power Options and UAC Account Control: Hello, I actually have two problems regarding my pc. First of all, I want to use the BIOS Setup to turn on my pc automatically, as it takes a lot of time to boot. I can't see the Power Options menu in the BIOS Setup. I use an ASUS VivoBook 14 X407U. Secondly, I have...
  5. UAC User Account Control

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC User Account Control: Hello, I lost my UAC password, how can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-user-account-control/7def82c3-79cf-4843-8489-7dca9434c4b1
  6. Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?: OK here is my issue. One of my users at my job is trying to install adobe reader on his machine. Unfortunately his laptop was issued a while back and we do not know the (admin password) for the admin account on his computer "he is only a local user" therefore whenever he...
  7. problem with user account control (uac)

problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  8. Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program: I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges. I created a ".bat" script, with the following command: powershell -Command "Start-Process 'c:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe' "...
  9. UAC control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC control: I am using a laptop with Windows 10. I want to change the User Account Control settings to 'Never Notify.' When I do this and restart the laptop, the settings go back to 'Always Notify.' I am the only user and the System Administrator. How can I keep the settings to the...
  10. Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This prompt ensures that no...