Windows 10: UAC dims the display When Asked for Administrator Privileges

Discus and support UAC dims the display When Asked for Administrator Privileges in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having a weird persistent issue which my Microsoft helper was unable to solve. Whenever I'm prompted for permission to run as administrator, I'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DariusKay, Feb 8, 2019.

1. DariusKay Win User

UAC dims the display When Asked for Administrator Privileges

I'm having a weird persistent issue which my Microsoft helper was unable to solve. Whenever I'm prompted for permission to run as administrator, I'm getting a dark screen with the sound of asking for administrator permissions, from which I can't figure out how to exit without ctrl-alt-delete; then the UAC prompt appears briefly but disappears. Previous recommendations have included an sfc but I can't run an sfc without administrator privileges, which don't show up. I created another user with administrator privileges (my chat helper's recommendation) but the same problem occurs for that user as well. Does anyone know what I can do at this point??

***Modified Title form: UAC Dark Screen Occurs When Asked for Administrator Privileges***

:)

DariusKay, Feb 8, 2019

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Feb 8, 2019
  4. UAC dims the display When Asked for Administrator Privileges

Administrator privileges

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: If this issue is confined to all the files and folders in your computer then,

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: If the issue is confined to particular folder or file then follow the below steps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

UAC dims the display When Asked for Administrator Privileges

1. UAC dims the display When Asked for Administrator Privileges - Similar Threads - UAC dims display

2. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator privileges: Hi all, my laptop states I do not have administrator privileges. I checked under settings and it has my old email address I had to change as it had been hacked.I am unable to amend the email address as when I sign in with my new email and password it asks for the PIN number...
  3. Administrator Privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  4. Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Privileges: I have been trying to get into my PC's admin account. I changed the PIN a while ago, and can't remember what it is. Is there a way to get into the administrator account without a password? I also have a kids' account on the computer I could get access to....
  5. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  6. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  7. UAC Dark Screen Occurs When Asked for Administrator Privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Dark Screen Occurs When Asked for Administrator Privileges: I'm having a weird persistent issue which my Microsoft helper was unable to solve. Whenever I'm prompted for permission to run as administrator, I'm getting a dark screen with the sound of asking for administrator permissions, from which I can't figure out how to exit without...
  8. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  9. administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...