Windows 10: UAC Elevation prompts?

Discus and support UAC Elevation prompts? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Aug 2, 2019.

1. UAC Elevation prompts?

Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt?

And which one should I select for the Admin account?

Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials?

:)

win10freak, Aug 2, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 2, 2019
  3. august125 Win User
    How do I change the default administrator account for the UAC elevation password prompt?

I have set the "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" security policy in secpol.msc to "Prompt for credentials" for security purposes so that even when a user is logged in as an administrator
    they must type their password instead of simply consenting to the UAC prompt. The only problem is that when the built-in Administrator account is enabled the UAC elevation prompt ALWAYS defaults to that account instead of the currently logged in local administrator
    account, requiring the user to click "More choices" then their name before being able to use their own password to elevate. When performing repetitive administrative tasks this quickly becomes very annoying. It was my understanding the UAC prompt should remember
    the last user account used, however that does not seem to be the case. How can I make the UAC elevation prompt default to the currently logged in administrator instead of the built-in administrator account?

august125, Aug 2, 2019
  4. tweaker Win User

UAC Elevation prompts?

GPU-Z and UAC on W7x64

Thank for your help. That looks to be an interesting work around.

The real fix is to have software that is compliant with new standards. The program Speedfan is capable of running without the prompts so I wonder what the differences are. Can you tell me is this to do with the version of compiler the program is compiled with ?

tweaker, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

UAC Elevation prompts?

1. UAC Elevation prompts? - Similar Threads - UAC Elevation prompts

2. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  3. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  4. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts: I'm trying to use my computer, and I'm a standard user.If I try to answer with the correct credentials I know they are correct because of the following responseAll i get is red text saying "The required process requires elevation." and i dont know what to do about this.I...
  5. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts: I'm trying to use my computer, and I'm a standard user.If I try to answer with the correct credentials I know they are correct because of the following responseAll i get is red text saying "The required process requires elevation." and i dont know what to do about this.I...
  6. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. UAC will not elevate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC will not elevate: This issue is happening on all Windows 10 systems 1909 and 20H2. I have tried DISM repairs, new profiles, a fresh image, a fresh image with no group policy. It will work for about an hour after each reboot, but then it starts to fail again.Users operate under standard domain...
  8. UAC will not elevate

UAC will not elevate: This issue is happening on all Windows 10 systems 1909 and 20H2. I have tried DISM repairs, new profiles, a fresh image, a fresh image with no group policy. It will work for about an hour after each reboot, but then it starts to fail again.Users operate under standard domain...
  9. UAC will not elevate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt: I recently received a new laptop through work. I have full admin rights, but I have found that I am unable to paste anything in the UAC prompt whether I have regedit/gppolicy Secure Desktop enabled or disabled. I cannot disable UAC as it is against policy and I get a randomly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu-z starting without uac

2. uac prompts on local admin account only

3. uac elevation