Windows 10: UAC Elevation prompts?

Discus and support UAC Elevation prompts? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Aug 2, 2019.

1. UAC Elevation prompts?

Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt?

And which one should I select for the Admin account?

Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials?

:)

win10freak, Aug 2, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 2, 2019
  3. august125 Win User
    How do I change the default administrator account for the UAC elevation password prompt?

I have set the "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" security policy in secpol.msc to "Prompt for credentials" for security purposes so that even when a user is logged in as an administrator
    they must type their password instead of simply consenting to the UAC prompt. The only problem is that when the built-in Administrator account is enabled the UAC elevation prompt ALWAYS defaults to that account instead of the currently logged in local administrator
    account, requiring the user to click "More choices" then their name before being able to use their own password to elevate. When performing repetitive administrative tasks this quickly becomes very annoying. It was my understanding the UAC prompt should remember
    the last user account used, however that does not seem to be the case. How can I make the UAC elevation prompt default to the currently logged in administrator instead of the built-in administrator account?

august125, Aug 2, 2019
  4. tweaker Win User

UAC Elevation prompts?

GPU-Z and UAC on W7x64

Thank for your help. That looks to be an interesting work around.

The real fix is to have software that is compliant with new standards. The program Speedfan is capable of running without the prompts so I wonder what the differences are. Can you tell me is this to do with the version of compiler the program is compiled with ?

tweaker, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

UAC Elevation prompts?

1. UAC Elevation prompts? - Similar Threads - UAC Elevation prompts

2. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  3. Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt: Hello I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted had to create a microsoft account, refuse to give them all kind of info... arghhh I am now trying to put in the LENOVO...
  4. [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC: 1. Create a newTask named OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC and activate "Run with the highest privileges" 2. Go to the Actions Tab, create a new Action "Start a Program" choose "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" and set the Working Directory (Start in) to %CURDIR% 3. Create a...
  5. UAC prompt question

UAC prompt question: Found it - The dimming of your desktop is referred to as the secure desktop because other programs can't run while it's dimmed. User Account Control - MDSN Denis
  6. Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator: I recently upgraded my W8.1 system to W10. I'm assuming my administrator password is the same as it was - I don't recall being prompted to change and save it - but, I'm never prompted for it. Instead, everytime I try to do something that requires administrative privilege...
  7. cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt: Hello, again *Smile I made a script to run a mmc console for de "Users & Computers of the domain" (DSA.EXE) Code: @Echo Off C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /netonly /user:domain\user "mmc dsa.msc"[/quote] It was working fine until I ran into this issue : Erreur de...
  8. Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt: Hi, I use an administrative mode (elevated) command prompt to maneuver through most of my day. I have a code editor (in this case, Crimson Editor) open at all times, and when I need to edit a file quickly, I simply type cedt <filename> at the command prompt. What is...
  9. Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10: Went through this and it works for me with my Admin User. Thanks loads. ​I tried a few other forum posts and this was the only one that worked for me. Sys: Windows 10 Pro with Admin and Local Users. Now next question is how to get it working for my Standard (now called...
  10. Elevated prompt and title in a non-elevated command window means what?

in Windows 10 Support
    Elevated prompt and title in a non-elevated command window means what?: I am a standard user: there is no "Administrator" next to my name when I look at "Your Info" for my account in user settings. the output of "net localgroup administrators" does not contain my user name. I am on a domain-managed machine and I am not a domain admin either....