Windows 10: UAC Elevation Question

Discus and support UAC Elevation Question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to place a specific executable outside the UAC prompt, as a trusted program? I installed a PC game but when I try to launch it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Plez Stop 5G, Apr 13, 2021.

1. UAC Elevation Question

Is it possible to place a specific executable outside the UAC prompt, as a trusted program?

I installed a PC game but when I try to launch it, it launches a UAC prompt.

:)

Plez Stop 5G, Apr 13, 2021

2. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Apr 13, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Snailium Win User

UAC Elevation Question

Automatically deny UAC elevation for a specific program

I know there are many discussions and workarounds about how to grant elevation for a program.

But I need the opposite - I want keep one of my program in user mode.

Is it possible to automatically deny the UAC request for a program, and leave the UAC on for the whole system?

Snailium, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

UAC Elevation Question

1. UAC Elevation Question - Similar Threads - UAC Elevation Question

2. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  3. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  4. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts: I'm trying to use my computer, and I'm a standard user.If I try to answer with the correct credentials I know they are correct because of the following responseAll i get is red text saying "The required process requires elevation." and i dont know what to do about this.I...
  5. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts: I'm trying to use my computer, and I'm a standard user.If I try to answer with the correct credentials I know they are correct because of the following responseAll i get is red text saying "The required process requires elevation." and i dont know what to do about this.I...
  6. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. UAC will not elevate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC will not elevate: This issue is happening on all Windows 10 systems 1909 and 20H2. I have tried DISM repairs, new profiles, a fresh image, a fresh image with no group policy. It will work for about an hour after each reboot, but then it starts to fail again.Users operate under standard domain...
  8. UAC will not elevate

UAC will not elevate: This issue is happening on all Windows 10 systems 1909 and 20H2. I have tried DISM repairs, new profiles, a fresh image, a fresh image with no group policy. It will work for about an hour after each reboot, but then it starts to fail again.Users operate under standard domain...
  9. UAC will not elevate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. UAC Elevation prompts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776