Windows 10: UAC for programs, then programs' bottoms are under the Taskbar

Discus and support UAC for programs, then programs' bottoms are under the Taskbar in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I looked at the Tutorial page about UAC but nothing seemed to help with getting rid of that intermediate step where it asks for permission to run. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Beldar, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Beldar Win User

UAC for programs, then programs' bottoms are under the Taskbar

I looked at the Tutorial page about UAC but nothing seemed to help with getting rid of that intermediate step where it asks for permission to run. I had that fixed in Win7, there must be a way in Win10, no?

Second, how does one prevent a program's open window going under the Taskbar? This is a problem when one wants to click a Save button at the bottom, resize the window, or some other dialog. It gets very old having to drag the Taskbar out of the way.

Windows 10 Pro v.1709 (no idea why)

:)

Beldar, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Beldar Win User

I looked at the Tutorial page about UAC but nothing seemed to help with getting rid of that intermediate step where it asks for permission to run. I had that fixed in Win7, there must be a way in Win10, no?

Second, how does one prevent a program's open window going under the Taskbar? This is a problem when one wants to click a Save button at the bottom, resize the window, or some other dialog. It gets very old having to drag the Taskbar out of the way.

Windows 10 Pro v.1709 (no idea why)

Beldar, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Ghot Win User

1. Personally, I just disable UAC altogether.

2. Don't run programs in full screen. I always run programs in windowed mode. They can then be resized, and placed anywhere on the screen, that you desire.

/edit. There should be a setting in Display, that will allow you to "position" the "desktop" properly on your screen, as well.

Also, might want to check if "scaling" is set to 100% and not something higher.

4. Beldar Win User

How do you disable UAC altogether? Generally I avoid full screen for ~anything, these issues are for programs I'm not running in full screen, except videos. And yes, I do have scaling set to 125%, just for automatic font sizing. Maybe that's it. I'll look around for that control. I guess MS can't think of everything, eh?

Beldar, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. UAC for programs, then programs' bottoms are under the Taskbar - Similar Threads - UAC programs programs'

2. Programs on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs on the Taskbar: I probably received responses to some of my earlier questions, after I tried to change the email address on my Microsoft Account. I still don't have that all fixed, but Comcast will not let me use the old address anymore. At the end of October I had to rush my husband to the...
  3. Programs on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs on the Taskbar: I probably received responses to some of my earlier questions, after I tried to change the email address on my Microsoft Account. I still don't have that all fixed, but Comcast will not let me use the old address anymore. At the end of October I had to rush my husband to the...
  4. Programs on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Inaccessible program files and/or UAC

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible program files and/or UAC: Hello earthlings. Two questions about executables (program files). Or UAC? Or executables and UAC. I'm not sure. Is it possible to make a permanent change of an executable's process priority? If the process priority is changed by using the task manager, the change will only...
  6. UAC for programs, then programs' bottoms are under the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    UAC for programs, then programs' bottoms are under the Taskbar: I looked at the Tutorial page about UAC but nothing seemed to help with getting rid of that intermediate step where it asks for permission to run. I had that fixed in Win7, there must be a way in Win10, no? Second, how does one prevent a program's open window going under the...
  7. Renew the SA originally purchased under EA program under Open Program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Renew the SA originally purchased under EA program under Open Program: Hi team, Please suggest - Is it possible to renew the software assurance currently purchased and active under EA program with Open program. There is a customer who is currently having an active software assurance under Enterprise Agreement. The customer has reached out to...
  8. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?: So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC notification pop up for that program? submitted by /u/Goodperson5656 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar: This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it distracting and want it gone. I use was IE 11 as my default but now see Edge as default program if that helps 59735
  10. Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar: Hello, I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of the open program, similar to how taskbar entries were colored in Windows 7. Is there a way to do this? I want to change the...