Windows 10: UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.

Discus and support UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After the upgrade to 1903 Classic shell is being blocked "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xViolatorx, Dec 4, 2019.

1. UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.

After the upgrade to 1903 Classic shell is being blocked "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app."

Now just most recently my games in origin will not update stating I must approve when the UAC pop up appears. I have UAC set to the lowest setting and nothing I do will get past the requirement to accept the popup for UAC.

The classic shell will work once I get past the message that its blocked but is also will not update because UAC is specifically blocking the update ability.

:)

xViolatorx, Dec 4, 2019

2. UAC is preventing me from updating & adding new apps

I want to restate my problem. I'm being blocked from anything that requires updating and adding new apps by the User Account Control prompt. It's been suggested that I custom reinstall, but that too requires admin permission. In addition, the UAC prompt
    only has one option and that is 'NO'.

It's been suggested to me that I go into Safe Mode to see if that will get around the admin permission. I kind of doubt that will work and want to know if that is a recommended procedure?

The overall question remains how do I reinstall because after I've downloaded the MediaCreationTool.exe I'm still prevented from going further by the UAC?

I have Windows 10 Home and no one else uses my computer (I live alone).

I probably created this problem for myself by attempting to do away with the PIN entry. I know now that that is not possible on my Lenovo computer.

RalphGleason, Dec 4, 2019
  3. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 4, 2019
  4. UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.

How can I block specific apps or games in MS family safety

Hi Keith,

To prevent child accounts from accessing the apps online, you can follow the steps below:

• Sign in using the parent account on this
      link
    • Select the child account profile that you want to manage.
    • Click More, and then select Apps, games & media.
    • Check the app that you want to block under Block inappropriate apps and games.

You can also manage other online safety settings on the same page.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.

1. UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating. - Similar Threads - UAC blocking apps

2. some apps prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  3. some apps prevent screen from locking

some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  4. Some apps prevent screen from locking

Some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  5. UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.: If I have a RAR file in a Program Files folder and try to unRAR it I get this... [img] The same file in the Downloads folder can be unRAR'd no problem. This started happening around 1 month ago, so something has changed in UAC. I am the only admin on this PC. How do I...
  6. UAC is blockes

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC is blockes: Hi, CMD, mostly windows command and 3rd party apps. can't open in admin mode. Each time UAC appears and ask for password. Abdul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-blockes/8ba61147-3aba-46ef-90b5-a05f4b9daed7
  7. My antivirus is blocking some games from downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My antivirus is blocking some games from downloading: So ive had my oculus for a while now. All the games ive had on there ive downloaded before I recently did a wipe and now that Im trying to redownload them and im having an issue with two of the games that wont finish downloading because my "antivirus is blocked the...
  8. UAC not blocking installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC not blocking installation: Hi, I was wondering why UAC will allow a program to be installed on my computer, even though I selected 'no' on the prompt 'Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your PC?'. I am asking, because I do not want my son to be able to install programs without our...
  9. UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup: I'm having issues with any programs which "Run as Administrator" loading at startup. Steam and Rainmeter are the two which are really annoying me just now. If I use the aero tweak tool to completely disable UAC then these programs start without any issues, but as soon as I...
  10. Network Block with UAC enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Block with UAC enabled: Hi, sorry for my poor english. I just realised that the Registry set "EnableUAC=1" Windows 10 is Blocking my Home Network App. With File Explorer I can acess all the Network, but from my Networking Application , it is just and simpled Blocked! With the setting =0 all is...