Windows 10: UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

Discus and support UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by S Krueger, Jun 23, 2022.

1. S Krueger Win User

UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow Administrator credentials to be entered. I've edited group policy to disable switching to the secure desktop when asking for elevations, but that did not make a difference. I really need to get this issue resolved. Can anybody help? Just using the UAC settings windows as an example for the issue Thanks

:)

S Krueger, Jun 23, 2022

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 23, 2022
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 23, 2022
  4. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

1. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11 - Similar Threads - UAC issue Remote

2. Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue: Hello,I work on a laptop with touchpad with windows 11 pro by connecting to a computer with standard keyboard + mouse through windows remote desktop.When I use gesture i.e swipping 3 finger up on my laptop while being in fullscreen on remote desktop, it triggers the gesture...
  3. Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue: Hello,I work on a laptop with touchpad with windows 11 pro by connecting to a computer with standard keyboard + mouse through windows remote desktop.When I use gesture i.e swipping 3 finger up on my laptop while being in fullscreen on remote desktop, it triggers the gesture...
  4. Issue with remote desktop

Issue with remote desktop: I am using an iPhone 8 and is trying to reach my computer at home from like someplace far away. I tried all sorts of ways but still having issues, it just says error 0x300005c on my phone....
  5. Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop: Anyone having issues with remote desktop on Windows 11 Update KB5018427?Users that update to Windows 11 KB5018427 are unable to remote desktop into our gateway. This only affects users on Windows 11. Windows 10 users are able to remote into the system just fine. When the...
  6. Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop

Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop: Anyone having issues with remote desktop on Windows 11 Update KB5018427?Users that update to Windows 11 KB5018427 are unable to remote desktop into our gateway. This only affects users on Windows 11. Windows 10 users are able to remote into the system just fine. When the...
  7. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  8. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  9. Remote desktop issue

Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  10. Windows Remote Desktop Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Issue: I seem to be having a issue with Windows firewall. I have narrowed it down to Windows firewall being the culprit, because if I disable it I'm able to make a successful connection but as soon as I turn it on I am unable to do so. I have searched the issue on the Internet and...