Windows 10: UAC logs to check why Application was Blocked?

Discus and support UAC logs to check why Application was Blocked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where can I check all the UAC logs that were blocked? I checked in the Event Viewer under all the Windows logs but did not find anything that had to do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Oct 4, 2018.

1. UAC logs to check why Application was Blocked?

Where can I check all the UAC logs that were blocked?
    I checked in the Event Viewer under all the Windows logs but did not find anything that had to do with UAC blocking an application. Is there a way to check these logs?

Thanks!

:)

win10freak, Oct 4, 2018

2. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

UAC logs to check why Application was Blocked? 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 4, 2018
  4. UAC logs to check why Application was Blocked?

UAC is blocking the installation of a external wireless netword card driver sw that previously was running with no problems at all

Hello Lourenco,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to check if the User Account you are logged in is the Administrator account or not. Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz to open the
      Advanced User Accounts Control Panel which lists all the users accounts created on a computer.
    However, if you are the administrator, I would suggest you to disable the User Account Control. Follow the below steps and check with the results.

• Type in UAC in the Search Bar and select Change User Account Control Settings.
    • Under User Account Control settings, drag the slider down to Don't notify me when I make changes to the Windows settings.
    • Reboot your computer before the changes take effect.
    UAC Turn Off Disclaimer:

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We
    don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information feel free to write to us and we woud be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

UAC logs to check why Application was Blocked?

1. UAC logs to check why Application was Blocked? - Similar Threads - UAC logs check

2. UAC blocking application installation all the sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC blocking application installation all the sudden: Anyone please help, Why all the sudden about 4 months ago can we not install software using an admin account without the UAC interfering? This is affecting our ability to install from our RMM as well. Silent switches are not working anymore and the only thing that seems to...
  3. UAC blocking application installation all the sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC blocking application installation all the sudden: Anyone please help, Why all the sudden about 4 months ago can we not install software using an admin account without the UAC interfering? This is affecting our ability to install from our RMM as well. Silent switches are not working anymore and the only thing that seems to...
  4. UAC blocking application installation all the sudden

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Where to check the complete log for chkdsk? I checked under EventViewer -> Application ->...

Where to check the complete log for chkdsk? I checked under EventViewer -> Application ->...: Where to check the complete log for chkdsk? I checked under EventViewer -> Application -> General, but the log is incomplete. But the log was incomplete. Please refer attached screenshot, where you can see that we have reached the end of log and it has ended abruptly with...
  6. Checking logs of an application on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Checking logs of an application on windows 10: Let me say I am using the firefox browser on my windows 10 laptop. How do i get the logs of the application, i.e., when the application is opened, when it is closed and the basic activity. Please share how to know this....
  7. UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.: If I have a RAR file in a Program Files folder and try to unRAR it I get this... [img] The same file in the Downloads folder can be unRAR'd no problem. This started happening around 1 month ago, so something has changed in UAC. I am the only admin on this PC. How do I...
  8. UAC is blockes

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC is blockes: Hi, CMD, mostly windows command and 3rd party apps. can't open in admin mode. Each time UAC appears and ask for password. Abdul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-blockes/8ba61147-3aba-46ef-90b5-a05f4b9daed7
  9. UAC not blocking installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC not blocking installation: Hi, I was wondering why UAC will allow a program to be installed on my computer, even though I selected 'no' on the prompt 'Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your PC?'. I am asking, because I do not want my son to be able to install programs without our...
  10. Network Block with UAC enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Block with UAC enabled: Hi, sorry for my poor english. I just realised that the Registry set "EnableUAC=1" Windows 10 is Blocking my Home Network App. With File Explorer I can acess all the Network, but from my Networking Application , it is just and simpled Blocked! With the setting =0 all is...