Windows 10: UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER

Discus and support UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Trying to recover my HP. Everything I try I get the dreaded UACmsg. If I try to disable it.. I'm always asked for a password I don't remember it. So... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 2muchglue, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchglue Win User

UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER

Trying to recover my HP. Everything I try I get the dreaded UACmsg. If I try to disable it.. I'm always asked for a password I don't remember it. So then I want to say YES to the UAC question. BUT THERE IS NO YES BOX . When I try to fix that.. I get theUAC prompt again. If I use regedit.. I get as far as the key insoftware..microso..windows.....system.group policy but after I enter a 0 to the key.. I get "UNABLE TO SAVE CHANGES or ACCESS DENIED". I think this started with a remote repair from a rookie.

Ive been working on this for hours..days...

Cant even get in to do a backup and reinstall...make recovery disk..chg user account..etc.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE GET ME OFF THIS TRAIN TO HELL?

:)

2muchglue, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 21, 2020
  3. PeteSHP Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, Jan 21, 2020
  4. UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER

Error Access Denied while acessing the folders from User> AppData folders on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access files and folders.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

As you have tried with providing the permissions to each folder and issue persists after the restart, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to disable the third party anti-virus software if installed any and check.

Step 2: As, as a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account and check if this issue persists.

Steps to enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
       4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article with 3-diffrent issues related to accessing the files and folders and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER

1. UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER - Similar Threads - UAC YES BOX

2. How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...: I have one year old HP laptop. And, my administrator privileges have disappeared for the second time. The first time was right after I purchased laptop last year and second time occurred a few days ago. I thought I had instructions from last year but nothing works.Internet...
  3. How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...: I have one year old HP laptop. And, my administrator privileges have disappeared for the second time. The first time was right after I purchased laptop last year and second time occurred a few days ago. I thought I had instructions from last year but nothing works.Internet...
  4. How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Auto fill UAC User Access Control box

Auto fill UAC User Access Control box: Hi,I would like to script my UAC popup to auto-fill credentials on my domain laptop that I have admin access to.Keepass will not work as it is not running high enough. - I have heard that there is a script you can add but I need help to add it.Please help. Thanks....
  6. Auto fill UAC User Access Control box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto fill UAC User Access Control box: Hi,I would like to script my UAC popup to auto-fill credentials on my domain laptop that I have admin access to.Keepass will not work as it is not running high enough. - I have heard that there is a script you can add but I need help to add it.Please help. Thanks....
  7. Auto fill UAC User Access Control box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  9. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  10. No "yes" button in UAC dialog box

No "yes" button in UAC dialog box: Why does user acct. dialog box not have a "yes" choice any more? I've not mad any changes to my computer other than regular updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-yes-button-in-uac-dialog-box/ef7fd81b-23cb-4d6b-94da-bebe1a79e54c