Windows 10: UAC not accepting known correct password

Discus and support UAC not accepting known correct password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, We are a small cloud hosting provider with several separate Remote Desktop Services deployments under management. Recently, I have experienced... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jordan Klocko, Oct 17, 2018.

1. UAC not accepting known correct password

Hello,

We are a small cloud hosting provider with several separate Remote Desktop Services deployments under management. Recently, I have experienced odd UAC behavior. To put it simply, UAC is wrong. It will not accept a password that is without question correct, confirmed by logging in to the account from another computer.

Specifically, this behavior is presenting when logged into the session host (via RDWeb, if that is relevant) as a "normal" user. These normal users do not have administrative privileges on the session host. To use a program that requires administrative privileges or update an application, a UAC prompt appears, like usual. However, only recently has this started failing. Upon entering the correct account credentials (even explicitly entering them in domain\user format) to allow the program to run, UAC fails and returns the error "username or password is incorrect". Again, it is without question that the password is in fact correct, and the user account being attempted is a domain administrator account on the domain. There should be no reason that the account cannot successfully survive the UAC check.

A little about our environment: these are brand new virtual machines hosted on Hyper-V. Windows Server 2016 all around. User Profile Disks are used. The client domains are built from scratch, and there is nothing special about them. The only applications to speak of that are present are Office 365 Pro Plus (Shared Activation), and QuickBooks.

So, has anyone seen this behavior and know the cause? Have there been any updates for Windows Server 2016 or Remote Desktop Services that changed UAC's default behavior? Are there any group policies that can fix this behavior? UAC must remain enabled since this is a shared server and we do not allow normal users to install applications on the server.

Many thanks,

Jordan

:)

Jordan Klocko, Oct 17, 2018

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 17, 2018
  4. UAC not accepting known correct password

windows 10 not accepting admin password even when it is correct.

Original title: Is Microsoft even bothered about customer issues.

I have spend more than 4 hours today trying to find a solution regarding windows 10 not accepting admin password even when it is correct.

When entering correct password it give a error message as "THE PASSWORD IS INCORRECT. TRY AGAIN" it does not even give an option to change password or reset.

I have followed the below step provided by a support engineer from Microsoft but still no solution.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ct-error/582adf0a-e566-497b-a428-d6b49367116a

Kindly have this issue fixed asap.

TenzingLama, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

UAC not accepting known correct password

1. UAC not accepting known correct password - Similar Threads - UAC accepting known

2. Windows won't accept correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won't accept correct password: Hello,I'm trying to convert the system drive from MBR to GPT, whatever that means, so I can enable Secure boot, so I can install Windows 11. So I found this option called mbr2gpt for which I need to troubleshootrestart my PC, then select command prompt and then... Then I need...
  3. PC not Accepting correct password

PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  4. Not accepting correct password

Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...
  5. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...
  6. Windows mail won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail won't accept correct password: I use the Windows Mail app in Windows 10, for several email accounts: Gmail, Yahoo, and Mindspring. Earthlink, the provider of my mindspring.com email account, required that I change my password yesterday. I changed it with Earthlink webmail, as well as on my iPad, iPhone,...
  7. updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted: I have a password manager which I checked (on my phone) also checked my password book. I had enetered the correct password! Had to go through an unbelieveable password reset and finally got it accepted. When the screen opened, my wallpaper was gone and most of my programs...
  8. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. Window 10 did not accept correct password

Window 10 did not accept correct password: I am entering correct password but window 10 says it an incorrect password that's why I can't enter into desktop. Password have not been changed since 9 months. The important things is that previous successful login said to scan all the drives for checking errors but no...