Windows 10: UAC not prompting admin credentials

Discus and support UAC not prompting admin credentials in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by koutejj, Dec 22, 2021.

1. koutejj Win User

UAC not prompting admin credentials

Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks

:)

koutejj, Dec 22, 2021

2. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account.

However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check email even If the UAC is set to Prompt for Credentials? Or, would it be more secure if I create another local account which would be a Standard User Account?

Can malware still cause damage even if the UAC is set to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for the local Admin Account?

I am the only one using the computer.

win10freak, Dec 22, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

Not possible.
    And not relevant - the security concerns are about the ability of malware to bypass the Admin prompt.

That is the recommended course of action.
    I use my Admin account routinely and I keep UAC at its max setting. I am taking a risk because new malware might be developed that can bypass the Admin prompt even with UAC at max,

Denis

4. UAC not prompting admin credentials

UAC Elevation prompts?

Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt?

And which one should I select for the Admin account?

Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials?

win10freak, Dec 22, 2021
Thema:

UAC not prompting admin credentials

1. UAC not prompting admin credentials - Similar Threads - UAC prompting admin

2. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  3. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  4. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  5. UAC not prompting admin credentials

UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  6. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  7. Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt: I recently received a new laptop through work. I have full admin rights, but I have found that I am unable to paste anything in the UAC prompt whether I have regedit/gppolicy Secure Desktop enabled or disabled. I cannot disable UAC as it is against policy and I get a randomly...
  8. How to install software for a standard user while using admin credentials on UAC prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install software for a standard user while using admin credentials on UAC prompt?: So often times I come across an issue where when I install software on a standard user account using admin credentials on UAC prompt it will not show up for a standard user. But when I log in as admin it shows up on admin account,however, this is not desired. Excerpt from...
  9. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?: I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account. However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check...
  10. Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?

Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?: Edit: Marked as "Solved", because it looks like under Win 10 I can no longer do this quite the way I used to in Win 7, and I have multiple suggestions as to alternate approaches, any one of which ought to work. ((Moved from the "General" forum)) Can anyone help? I am...