Windows 10: UAC opens in background

Discus and support UAC opens in background in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is not that big a deal, just kinda annoying, but I'd like an solution if there is one. Lately, several times I tried to open some new program,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kitpzyxmsir, Oct 27, 2016.

1. UAC opens in background

This is not that big a deal, just kinda annoying, but I'd like an solution if there is one.

Lately, several times I tried to open some new program, and I saw the screen kind of blink and hear a ding, but nothing would launch. I thought maybe it was incompatibility/broken that was preventing it form opening. But it kept happening with different programs, ones that I knew should be ok.

I finally discovered that the UAC was opening up "invisible"...that's the best way I can describe it.

After clicking on something, I had to go outside of the folder it was in (i.e., "peek" at the desktop), and then go back to the folder, where the UAC would finally be revealed.

Apparently, it's a result of my choosing this UAC setting

Attachment 107868

instead of the one right above it.

I dont remember this happening until fairly recently, maybe a month or so ago.

Anyway, even if there is no answer for this, at least mentioning it might save some aggravation for someone else.*Wink

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Oct 27, 2016

2. UAC Prompt Not Showing When Running as Admin

As same as J377 since some days ago the uac have been opening in background alt+tab bring it to the front when returning to the original window, still is annoying and under some circumstances seems like a complete freeze (running full screen apps with
    prompt for network access per example)

Francisco Rojas O, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Back button opens apps in background

While being on the home screen and if back button is pressed it opens the app in the background and that too is restarted. This is very annoying as it opens the app right away even when its not needed.

pintusteel, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

UAC opens in background

1. UAC opens in background - Similar Threads - UAC opens background

2. UAC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC: How to prevent windows from asking admin user name and password to play this game in my child account?I already disable UAC. Please help. If no way to prevent this from appear, i had to remove family safety....
  3. UAC background dimming sometimes causes a black background and slow/lagging animations overall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC background dimming sometimes causes a black background and slow/lagging animations overall: Hello,I have built a new PC and have an annoying issue.When I for example select Powershell in search and click "run as administrator" sometimes at random, instead of dimming the background image, it makes everything turn pitch black except the prompt window itself. After I...
  4. UAC background dimming sometimes causes a black background and slow/lagging animations overall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC background dimming sometimes causes a black background and slow/lagging animations overall: Hello,I have built a new PC and have an annoying issue.When I for example select Powershell in search and click "run as administrator" sometimes at random, instead of dimming the background image, it makes everything turn pitch black except the prompt window itself. After I...
  5. Window opens in background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window opens in background.: Windows 11I have a shortcut in start that opens a File Explorer folder. If that folder is being displayed in the background and I click on the shortcut the window flashes as if it wants to come to the foreground but stays in the background. If I look at File Explorer I see...
  6. Window opens in background.

Window opens in background.: Windows 11I have a shortcut in start that opens a File Explorer folder. If that folder is being displayed in the background and I click on the shortcut the window flashes as if it wants to come to the foreground but stays in the background. If I look at File Explorer I see...
  7. Installer not opening after UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installer not opening after UAC prompt: I'm trying to install a piece of software Lumix Webcam if important on a computer and although the same installer works on at least two other PCs, what happens on this particular one is that the UAC prompt pops up, user clicks "Yes", prompt disappears and then literally...
  8. Installer not opening after UAC prompt

Installer not opening after UAC prompt: I'm trying to install a piece of software Lumix Webcam if important on a computer and although the same installer works on at least two other PCs, what happens on this particular one is that the UAC prompt pops up, user clicks "Yes", prompt disappears and then literally...
  9. Installer not opening after UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

Open Application with admin privileges without UAC: One system in domain and I wanted to open particular application with Admin rights without UAC prompt.other applications should not get the All admin privileges'. don't want to touch any registry edit, No third party applications.User will remain Normal domain User...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UAC opens hidden in background

2. uac opens invisible background