Windows 10: UAC password field has blinking cursor but is not active

Discus and support UAC password field has blinking cursor but is not active in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've realized that I often start typing my password to pass the UAC (User Account Control) but than realizing that i'm typing somewhere else.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulE, Apr 7, 2019.

1. PaulE Win User

UAC password field has blinking cursor but is not active

Hi,

I've realized that I often start typing my password to pass the UAC (User Account Control) but than realizing that i'm typing somewhere else.

Thats actually a security issue - is this a bug maybe fixed in later builds? (I got 10.0.15063.909)

e.g.
    1: right click on the task bar
    2: click on Task Manager
    3: UAC Panel opens - the password field displays a blinking cursor
    4: start typing
    5: your password will not be entered into the UAC password field.

:)

PaulE, Apr 7, 2019

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Fast blinking cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the cursor blinking constantly on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the Cursor blink rate is set to Fast.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it sets the Cursor blink rate to normal. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on Keyboard, Keyboard Properties window opens, set the
    Cursor blink rate as you wish.

4. Click on Apply and OK, check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 7, 2019
  4. adee77 Win User

N73Music Edition(Blinking Cursor on active call ballon)

Hi guys..

need to clarify this:

---->A blinking cursor that appears in the right on the active call baloon---

Is this a problem or just a firmware bug..

By the way if i restarted the phone....then the blinking cursor disappeared ....and it will appear after my phone back from sleep mode..

f/w:4.0812.4.2.1 (Malaysia/Indonesia)

adee77, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. UAC password field has blinking cursor but is not active - Similar Threads - UAC password field

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. the mouse cursor keeps jumping to random active fields

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the mouse cursor keeps jumping to random active fields: This is making the whole Windows experience really frustrating. Since recently, my mouse cursor decided to start jumping to random active fields, for example, while looking at pictures with XN-View, I scroll the wheel to see the next picture, the cursor jumps to the zoom% at...
  4. Cursor stops blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor stops blinking: The cursor stops blinking after several blinks. Textpad, Excel and Wordpad. MSWord ok. Don Cole 129918
  5. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  6. Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking: Hi In past weeks, perhaps after an update, there's a blue circle which is nearly constantly blinking except when the cursor is placed over a link. This incredibly distracting activity I think is meant to show the processor is working. I can't find where or how to stop it....
  7. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  8. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...