Windows 10: UAC Problems and Password Recovery

Discus and support UAC Problems and Password Recovery in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I must have inadvertently messed something up in Windows 10 UAC, I can log in with the User account password, but when I try to open some programs,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by leehop71, Nov 2, 2016.

1. leehop71 Win User

UAC Problems and Password Recovery

I must have inadvertently messed something up in Windows 10 UAC,

I can log in with the User account password, but when I try to open some programs, install, or uninstall, or change anything in the UAC in Control Panel, it takes me to the UAC prompt screen to give permission to change.

However the prompt does not show a 'Yes' tab, only a 'No'.

When I try to reset Windows 10 it takes me to the password screen for Admin. I've tried every password I can think of but none are working.

I can't even get it to log in with Admin account so I can at least see my password hint, because when I get to a certain point in the steps, I get the UAC screen prompt with no 'Yes' box to allow changes.

I can still log in and use the machine, but I can install any new software and can't use some of the programs I already have.

HELP!!! *Shock*Eek

:)

leehop71, Nov 2, 2016
  2. JohnR-955 Win User

Administrator rights Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, however this does not solve the problem. When I follow your steps I get a UAC dialogue box asking for the administrative password. I do not know this password and there are no accounts on my PC with admin rights. By the way, the UAC
    Box has a grayed 'YES' box and the 'No' box is highlighted - there is no space/line to insert a password on this UAC screen even if I knew it. Any further advice would be appreciated.

JohnR-955, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Dr._Cool Win User
    Family Safety - "My parent is here" - not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

My child is always asked for a password independently of the UAC setting. The only noticeable problem happens when I click on the "My parent is here" button. I just reconfirmed it, to make sure: when the UAC setting is "Always notify me" pressing this
    button leads to the parent password confirmation screen. However, if the UAC is set to any other level, pressing this button leads to a grey screen.

Dr._Cool, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

No, that's exactly how UAC should behave - in the case where there are no accounts with admin rights.

Apparently Microsoft will let you demote your only admin account without warning you that it's probably not a good idea. That appears to be what you have inadvertently done *Sad

You may be able to enable the built-in Administrator account to fix this. Option Four would seem to be the one to use...
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Nov 2, 2016
  5. leehop71 Win User
    *Mad It won't let me access config folder in step 4 and takes me to the UAC prompt. Heck I've got a big enough SSD I could partition and load Windows 10 again, but I can't even partition without UAC access.

Is there 'anything' I can do to fix this??

leehop71, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. UAC Problems and Password Recovery - Similar Threads - UAC Problems Password

2. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  3. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  4. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. UAC not asking for password anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC not asking for password anymore: I have my UAC set to the highest. So whenever I do something that requires admin privileges it asks me for my password. But recentlyI think due to the most recent Windows update that no longer happens.Now it just prompts me a windows where I have to click "yes" or "no". Any...
  6. UAC Password Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Password Prompt: Hello!Now, in my system, when i try to modify it or run an program with administrative rights, it only shows an Yes or No prompt. I want to make it prompt asking for the user password.Is it possible?...
  7. Forgotten UAC Password.

Forgotten UAC Password.: Good morning. I forgot my UAC Password. Could I bypass it so I can log in or if not what could I do? I have tried Microsoft Chat for help numerous times over the past 3 weeks but have not been successful in connecting with someone who is familiar enough with Windows to...
  8. UAC problems

UAC problems: I have UAC problems. I want to turn it off but I need admin rights. So I switched user to admin, turned it off, and log on on my account but there it isnt. When I want to turn it off from that acc, I cant cuz I need admin right. What is going on? 15917
  9. UAC Problems.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Problems.: Bree !.. Thanks from me ( 'the struggler ') also. I've updated Windows and look forward to my next effort !. Alan .
  10. Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator password forgot,UAC problem: So,i had windows 7 and i had an admin account there with a password that i forgot.I've installed windows 10 and my administrator account was working but a few weeks ago i've logged in with local account cause with administrator didn't let me to install spotify,so i was...