Windows 10: UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.

Discus and support UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I had part of my problem solved yesterday concerning the removal of the shield on my existing programs which was a great relief. However, I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Benzig42, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Benzig42 Win User

UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.

Hi

I had part of my problem solved yesterday concerning the removal of the shield on my existing programs which was a great relief. However, I am still having a problem with some of my new downloaded programs. I have the same message I used to receive with my other programs. The Message is as mentioned in my thread, "Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device", and further down it says, "To continue, enter an admin name and password". However even if I could do this, there is only the option, "No", which returns me to my desktop. Ever since a few months ago when Windows 10 updated on my laptop, I have had nothing but trouble. It is as if some unknown person has taken over my computer. I can't get rid of the administrator, make myself one or even get admin privileges. It's driving me to the edge of insanity. Surely there is a cure for this. As I mentioned in a previous post, Microsoft was of no use at all. Brink at least solved a great deal of the mess, so please can anyone help me finally reclaim control of my laptop. *Mad*Mad*Banghead*Mad2

:)

Benzig42, Nov 19, 2018

2. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Built in apps + UAC

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. We understand your requirement in this regard.

Please share these details.

• On which Microsoft account you are trying to disable these apps?

• When you say "we have an application in our company, which requires UAC to be disabled for it to work”. Which application you are referring to?

• On how many computers you are facing this issue?

• Are the systems connected to a domain network?

• Is the issue specific to this application?

You can see this error message “is app can't open with built in administrator account”, when you try to open built-in apps in built-in administrator. So you need a Microsoft account in order to make use of those built-in apps.

Moreover, I see you already disabled the UAC as per the application requirement that you use as a part of your company. We don’t recommend disabling UAC on to help make your computer secure. However currently we don’t have any option to run those
    app with built-in administrator.

I suggest that you provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions. Windows Feedback is only available if you have Diagnostic and usage data set to Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device. 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device. - Similar Threads - UAC Problems Let

2. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device problem: When it asks me if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device, it only gives me an option of "no". Please give me a way to fix this because I can't download almost anything....
  3. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device problem: When it asks me if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device, it only gives me an option of "no". Please give me a way to fix this because I can't download almost anything....
  4. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: It said I need to enter an username and password for administrator but idk where can I find the password?P/S: I can access to administrator account btw...
  5. “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”: Hello everyone! I use Windows 10 home Whenever I install some new software, the window appears, where I get asked the following: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? 1) Where can I see a list, with all the apps that has been granted access? 2)...
  6. do you want this app to make changes to your device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    do you want this app to make changes to your device?: Hi, I have recently downloaded an app and it has asked me if i will let it make changes to my device. I accidently clicked allow instead of no and it turns out it is a virus.I need help on how to make it not make changes on my device because everytime i remove the virus a...
  7. do you want this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    do you want this app to make changes to your device?: Hi, I have recently downloaded an app and it has asked me if i will let it make changes to my device. I accidently clicked allow instead of no and it turns out it is a virus.I need help on how to make it not make changes on my device because everytime i remove the virus a...
  8. do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
    do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device: Hi, whenever I want to update an app or try to delete one, I get a window that says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". However, the window that pops up only gives me one option, a NO button. No other button to press for yes, or enter admin info....
  9. Do you want this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do you want this app to make changes to your device?: I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader yesterday. Now, whenever I open a pdf file, I get the following message for Adobe Acrobat: "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?" This never happened before- why is this happening now, and how do I make this...
  10. do you want app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
    do you want app to make changes to your device: hello i have recently updated windows 10 since then i keep getting this pop-up do you want app to make changes to your device which is denying me access to anywhere, not even to change user name nothing the pop up screen has only no on it can"t have access to anything i need...