Windows 10: UAC Problems.

Discus and support UAC Problems. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Bree !.. Thanks from me ( 'the struggler ') also. I've updated Windows and look forward to my next effort !. Alan . Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by accystan, Apr 5, 2018.

1. accystan Win User

UAC Problems.

Bree !.. Thanks from me ( 'the struggler ') also. I've updated Windows and look forward to my next effort !.

Alan .

accystan, Apr 5, 2018
  2. accystan Win User

Hi everyone !...

Just joined the Windows 10 Forum hoping for some advice to help me sort out a problem which basically
    means that whatever app I attempt to open from anywhere, including trying to open msconfig and netplwiz from the RUN command results in the UAC presenting me with a message box asking if I will allow the app to make changes to my Computer lowthere is only one Checkbox to tick which says NO.. and which directs me back to the previous page ! .
    I cannot open any of the apps which will allow me to adjust any user or administrator settings so I am stuck with not being able to use any program with an app !.
    Is this a common happening with Windows 10 ?... I don't remember making any changes Administrator wise and am a little baffled by it all !
    If there is an answer, I would love to hear and apply it !..*Sad

Alan A.

:)

accystan, Apr 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.

Please walk us through enabling UAC.

Arlan Henry, Apr 15, 2018
  4. UAC Problems.

start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Apr 15, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Sorry to belabor the obvious, but this would be desirable behavior if you were logged in as an ordinary user. Are you logged into an account with admin privileges. If you check your current account, you want to see something like this:

UAC Problems. [​IMG]

If it just says "User," that's the issue. If it does say "Administrator," then something odd is going on.
    Please advise,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 15, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @accystan

That is normal when trying to use those apps from a standard user account...

That is a very bad sign. It means that you do not have ANY administrator accounts on your PC. If you had, you would see the YES button and be offered the chance to type the password of one of the administrator accounts, as in these examples.

Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10

When Windows 10 was first set up the first account it created would have had administrator rights. Although it's a very bad idea, Windows doesn't stop you from demoting this account to a standard user. A common reason for there being no available administrator account is that a user demotes their only account to a standard user in the belief it makes browsing 'safer'.

The only way to correct this is to enable the built-in Administrator account and use that to promote your account to an administrator again, or to create another local administrator account if you wish to stay as a standard user.

The built in Administrator account is disabled by default, you can enable it. With no available administrator you'll have to use Option Five in this tutorial.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

7. Try3 Win User
    This is a known problem and a procedure to fix it is at If the Admin prompt has a greyed out or missing Yes button but no password entry box, use the Built-In Admin account in Safe mode to create two new Admin accounts - MSA Forum article

If you have any questions then post them here because I do not contribute to that other forum anymore.

Denis

PS I have just posted the procedure here in TenForums - If the Admin prompt has a greyed out or missing Yes button but no password entry box, use the Built-In Admin account in Safe mode to create two new Admin accounts. I will use any issues you raise in my imminent review of the article.

8. EdTittel Win User

UAC Problems.

Nice work @Bree and @Try3. That's what I was afraid of. I'll set 'em up: you knock 'em down! Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 16, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
  10. accystan Win User
    Thanks to all for HELP so far...BUT when opening my bios instead of finding the entries outlined in Denis' post.. I cannot get anything but my Safe Mode Desktop .
    This means that I cannot follow the 'Administrator's pathway outlined as the continuation of the process !.
    I am trying chaps honestly !... but my somewhat limited computer savvy I fear is letting me down somewhere... or is it something more calamitous ?
    I do appreciate your help !

Alan A.

accystan, Apr 17, 2018
  11. accystan Win User
    Hi Shawn !
    With my greyed out problem in mind, and option 5 in your post also.. once I am in regedit am I seeking to enable or disable 'Administrator's to regain control of my system ?..
    I too am getting greyed out I think...but I will persist !

Thanks,

Alan A.

accystan, Apr 17, 2018
  12. Try3 Win User
    Alan,

I did not mention the bios. The procedure [now posted here in TenForums] If the Admin prompt has a greyed out or missing Yes button but no password entry box, use the Built-In Admin account in Safe mode to create two new Admin accounts. does indeed use Safe mode.

• Does the Built-In Administrator account appear in the list of accounts when you try to enter Safe mode [my para 3.7]?
    • At which step does your situation differ from that in my article?

I think it must have been you who responded to my Forum article in the MS Community forum. It was that response that prompted me to publish the procedure here.

Just let me know how you are getting on and I will help you all the way through.

Denis

13. accystan Win User

UAC Problems.

Denis !

The problem occurs when opening up safe mode.. the list of accounts doesn't appear but the safe mode Desktop does !.
    So that is as far as I have been able to go... although I am itching to go farther along in the process.. living and learning ?
    Is this what you want to know ?.

Alan.

accystan, Apr 17, 2018
  14. Try3 Win User
    Alan,

About "the list of accounts doesn't appear but the safe mode Desktop does" - I think that you had previously set up your computer to boot straight up into your user account without having to stop & log in.

This is explained in my para 3.1 and forces you to use the modified step referred to in my para 3.5
    - When you press 4 / F4 to start booting into Safe mode, you must immediately press & hold the Shift key.
    - The list of accounts will then appear.

Denis

15. accystan Win User
    Good evening Denis,

Took your advice and opened up Safe Mode screen..a password box appeared SO firstly is this where I should enter my chosen password ?
    Secondly, I ran the cmd entries ... accurately I think !..
    Following the third entry ..enter net user NewAdminPrimary
    the line read something like ' failed to recognise user , then suggested where I could find more help !.. and repeated the User Administrator prompt !.
    Is my error caused by my failure to set up a password in the Safe Mode Desktop ?...or something else ?
    I WILL SUCCEED.. WITH YOUR HELP !.

Thanks,

Alan.

accystan, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

UAC Problems.

1. UAC Problems. - Similar Threads - UAC Problems

2. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  3. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  4. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. problem with user account control (uac)

problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  6. UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.: Hi I had part of my problem solved yesterday concerning the removal of the shield on my existing programs which was a great relief. However, I am still having a problem with some of my new downloaded programs. I have the same message I used to receive with my other programs....
  7. Uac Window Problem in Win10

Uac Window Problem in Win10: I got a problem that when i play any game or only open browser that the game or browser get out and when i click alt & tab to see what did that there is a window his name is services when i click on it didnt open and when i wait seconds i see something write in it Windows Uac...
  8. Small UAC problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Small UAC problem.: Afternoon all.. particularly try 3 ?. A little while ago I set up a NewAdminPrimary account the password for which has been opening downloads fine....BUT now I am getting the message that the password has expired and must be changed !.. If I remember rightly it was a...
  9. UAC Problems and Password Recovery

UAC Problems and Password Recovery: I must have inadvertently messed something up in Windows 10 UAC, I can log in with the User account password, but when I try to open some programs, install, or uninstall, or change anything in the UAC in Control Panel, it takes me to the UAC prompt screen to give...
  10. Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

Administrator password forgot,UAC problem: So,i had windows 7 and i had an admin account there with a password that i forgot.I've installed windows 10 and my administrator account was working but a few weeks ago i've logged in with local account cause with administrator didn't let me to install spotify,so i was...