Windows 10: UAC Problems.

Discus and support UAC Problems. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Denis ! Tried again..NOW when selecting Administrator on the Safe Mode screen..an error message has appeared !.. Exception Processing Message... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by accystan, Apr 5, 2018.

1. accystan Win User

UAC Problems.

Denis !

Tried again..NOW when selecting Administrator on the Safe Mode screen..an error message has appeared !..
    Exception Processing Message Ox7ffea8ac1d28Ox7ffea8ac1d28Ox7ffea8ac1d28Ox7ffea8ac1d28 .
    Followed by a box ' always use this app '.
    Never seen these before ?

HELP !... Alan.

accystan, Apr 18, 2018
  2. accystan Win User

Denis!... me again !

I have succeeded with the cmd entries to the point where after the third entry there is a response but unlike your notes in 4.2.2 although following 'local group' it shows 'user's.. There is no 'Administrator ' to be seen !.
    Have ì missed something ?.
    Sorry to keep burdening you !.
    Alan.

accystan, Apr 18, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User
    Alan,

1 "Took your advice and opened up Safe Mode screen..a password box appeared SO firstly is this where I should enter my chosen password ?" - I cannot decide what you are saying. Are you saying that there is a list of user accounts on the left of the screen and a normal password box in the middle with the name of the last user who logged in above that? If so then you have reached my para 3.7 and you need to click on the username Administrator that should be shown in the list of available accounts. There is no "chosen password" to enter, just click on the username Administrator and it will log you in as the Administrator.

2 ................

I am now reading three of your replies and I am completely lost. I cannot tell what you are doing.

-----------------------

Please just enter net user and tell me what is listed. Perhaps one of your earlier commands was entered incorrectly and the account names are not what was intended.

Denis

4. Try3 Win User

UAC Problems.

Alan,

And while you are at it, in any command prompt enter whoami just to confirm the username of the account you are logged in with.

Denis

5. accystan Win User
    Denis !.. my apologies for getting somewhat confused !

I first entered net user/addNewAdminPrimary12345

Then.. net localgroupAdministratorsNewAdminPrimary/add

Finally..net addNewAdminPrimary12345

Then I repeated this as advised at 4.3

whoami toshiba/administrator .

Think my entries were accurate !.. or were they ?

Alan.

accystan, Apr 18, 2018
  6. Try3 Win User
    Alan,

The "toshiba/administrator" confirms that your are indeed logged in as the Administrator [i.e. the special Built-In Administrator] so we are on track whatever stumbles have happened along the way.

I cannot tell if there are typos in the commands you have entered or just in your posts here. Both
    net user /add NewAdminPrimary 12345
    net localgroup Administrators NewAdminPrimary /add
    have spaces between the words.

If net user NewAdminPrimary does not show on the Local group memberships line that this is part of the Administrators group then repeat the command
    [you can just copy & paste the commands from my article to avoid typos]

If there is any doubt at all then enter net user NewAdminPrimary and select all the results and paste them here for me to see.

I think you are almost there. The current problem is merely that I cannot look over your shoulder to confirm exactly what is going on.

Denis

7. Try3 Win User
    Alan,

"select all the results and paste them here for me to see" depended on an unjustified assumption. You might not know how to copy from a command prompt window.
    1 In the command prompt window select text just as you would in, say, a Word document - hold down the left-button of your mouse/trackpad and move the cursor across everything you want. The selected text will be highlighted in yellow. If you have made a mistake just click anywhere to unselect everything & start again.
    2 Press Ctrl-C [i.e. press the control key and the letter c at the same time] to copy the text highlighted in yellow - the highlighting then disappears.
    3 In a post here just press Ctrl-V [control and the letter v at the same time] to paste the text in here.

Denis

8. EdTittel Win User

UAC Problems.

Just a parenthetical remark about output from the WhoAmI command:

If you log in with a Microsoft Account (MSA) you'll see the machine name followed by the first 5 letters of your account name (not the whole thing). Thus somebody logged into a PC named T520 with the account L: bobsmith@com.com would get T520\bobsm in response to the whoami command.

In fact, this is the convention used for "shortening" MSAs to create a folder name for that user's folder in C:\Users, so you would also see a folder named C:\Users\bobsm on the T520 PC in File Explorer as well.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 19, 2018
  9. accystan Win User
    Ed !,

Thanks for your information. . We live and learn !.

Still battling with my 'greyed out ' YES '.. but am not on call today so with help from
    Denis and yourself I will, given that I have some time , give it my best shot again !.

Regards,

Alan A.

accystan, Apr 20, 2018
  10. Try3 Win User
    Alan,

So what is the current situation?

Denis

11. accystan Win User
    Denis,

I have just got round to making another effort and am currently looking at the command prompt screen.
    I have double checked my entries...although I must check that the third entry reads 'enter net user NewAdminPrimary.

The response reads.. 'Enter' is not recognized as an internal or exexternal command, operable program or batch file '.
    So I entered it as
    net user NewAdminPrimary ... the response to this was ' The user name could not be found '

Can I ask regards copying and pasting , which I do regularly but never before from a cmd screen, how if I am not on the internet when I have highlighted and copied a line or a screen can I paste the results to you ?

So the situation persists as before , with the response to the third entry !.

Hope this helps,

Alan A .

accystan, Apr 20, 2018
  12. Try3 Win User
    Lan,

1 My para 4.2.2 - "By "Enter" below, I mean type what I have shown in italics then press the Enter/Return button."

2 Since net user NewAdminPrimary gets the response The user name could not be found then the user account has not been created. So, to check just where you are please enter net user [without anything else after it] to get a list of all the user accounts that exist and tell me what is there.
    - Ignore the entries Administrator, DefaultAccount, Guest, [if present] defaultuser0, WDAGUtilityAccount - they are all system accounts.
    - It is the other entries that will be of interest. You ought to find the ones you have just created - NewAdminPrimary & possibly NewAdminReserve. You will also find an entry for the user account you already had. This might be listed with the name you recognise or it might not [we can discuss that later because it is not an immediate concern & there are several possible variations depending on if & how you created the account / converted it into an MSAccount].

3 About copying from a computer that is not connected to the internet, copy text from the Command prompt window into a Notepad file then copy that file to a USB stick and from there to the computer that you have connected to the internet. Sometimes it can be easier to set a mobile phone / digital camera to a low resolution mode and just take a photo then upload it here.

4 As long as you are using that Administrator account, you will soon complete the whole thing. Whatever is holding you up at the moment can be resolved. [That's why I wanted to confirm things using that whoami command earlier on]

Denis

13. accystan Win User

UAC Problems.

Denis !

Thanks again for your help !..

I am attaching an image of the current screen which hopefully will be of help !.

I imagine that the 3 entries from 'net users' mean that ive missed something !

UAC Problems. [​IMG]

Alan.

accystan, Apr 20, 2018
  14. Try3 Win User
    Alan,

My para 4.2.2 - "By "Enter" below, I mean type what I have shown in italics then press the Enter/Return button."
    If the Admin prompt has a greyed out or missing Yes button ...

You are not entering the commands as I have given them [the lack of spaces is messing things up].
    You left out the space before /add in both cases.

[[Just as you can use a USB stick to copy things from the computer you are fixing to the internet-connected one, so you can use a USB stick to copy from the internet-connected one to the computer you are fixing. I don't think that added complication is needed in this particular case but thought I should point that out to you.]]

[[I cannot see the whole list of user accounts in your photo, only the first line. You would need to scroll down to see all the results of the net user command.]]

So, repeat the commands
    net user
    then either take another photo so I can see what has been done or just describe the responses instead.

You are almost there - the typos in the commands are all that is holding you back.

Denis

15. accystan Win User
    Hi Denis,

Have had some success ?.. attached image would suggest so... or not !

One problem has arisen though , nothing happens when I left click the start button...
    I opened the cmd via the run command ! Is this significant ?..

Look forward to hearing your next guiding information !.

Thanks again,

Alan.
    UAC Problems. [​IMG]

accystan, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

UAC Problems.

1. UAC Problems. - Similar Threads - UAC Problems

2. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  3. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  4. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. problem with user account control (uac)

problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  6. UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Problems: Do You Want To Let This App Make Changes To Your Device.: Hi I had part of my problem solved yesterday concerning the removal of the shield on my existing programs which was a great relief. However, I am still having a problem with some of my new downloaded programs. I have the same message I used to receive with my other programs....
  7. Uac Window Problem in Win10

Uac Window Problem in Win10: I got a problem that when i play any game or only open browser that the game or browser get out and when i click alt & tab to see what did that there is a window his name is services when i click on it didnt open and when i wait seconds i see something write in it Windows Uac...
  8. Small UAC problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Small UAC problem.: Afternoon all.. particularly try 3 ?. A little while ago I set up a NewAdminPrimary account the password for which has been opening downloads fine....BUT now I am getting the message that the password has expired and must be changed !.. If I remember rightly it was a...
  9. UAC Problems and Password Recovery

UAC Problems and Password Recovery: I must have inadvertently messed something up in Windows 10 UAC, I can log in with the User account password, but when I try to open some programs, install, or uninstall, or change anything in the UAC in Control Panel, it takes me to the UAC prompt screen to give...
  10. Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

Administrator password forgot,UAC problem: So,i had windows 7 and i had an admin account there with a password that i forgot.I've installed windows 10 and my administrator account was working but a few weeks ago i've logged in with local account cause with administrator didn't let me to install spotify,so i was...