Windows 10: UAC prompt - .bat

Discus and support UAC prompt - .bat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windowsversion: 1903 Hey guys I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed. Think is, I have a file that I would like to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KasperHV, Mar 24, 2020.

1. KasperHV Win User

UAC prompt - .bat

Windowsversion: 1903

Hey guys

I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed.
    Think is, I have a file that I would like to run, but don't want to type in my administrator each time.

I'd like right click on the file, and then be able to click on a line under Run as administrator.
    I used to work in a company where the domain management department made Regedit files that would do this.
    However as I never asked questions to how they set it up, then I now have an issue as I want to set it up, but don't know how to do it.

So...

I'd like to be able to right click a .bat file and then have the user run it without administrator rights.
    I don't want this user to have any administrator rights what so ever, nor do I want my password to be entered anywhere.

From my memory, it looks something like this picture I made...

Hope you can help.

Best regards

:)

KasperHV, Mar 24, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?

Create a reg file with code below and merge into the registry to avoid UAC prompt from bat file:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Code:

topgundcp, Mar 24, 2020
  3. kc42 Win User

I've tried this on Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64, and I can't get a .bat file to run (which has text saved within to elevate to admin), without a UAC window appearing.

I need to be able to have a colleague (with non-admin credentials), on a domain environment, have the ability to run a basic batch script to automatically start an inbuilt Windows Service, without any admin intervention required.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

kc

4. Superfly Win User

UAC prompt - .bat

Any elevation from Standard user should produce a UAC prompt - that's a security feature - to run the script as Admin silently from a non-Admin a/c you will have to include the username and password when elevating it.

The work-around is running it from a Scheduled Task with System rights, thereby not hardcoding or exposing the password in the script - the caveat is the task will need to be created/imported under Admin rights.

Superfly, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

UAC prompt - .bat

1. UAC prompt - .bat - Similar Threads - UAC prompt bat

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. UAC Password Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Password Prompt: Hello!Now, in my system, when i try to modify it or run an program with administrative rights, it only shows an Yes or No prompt. I want to make it prompt asking for the user password.Is it possible?...
  5. Rundll32 UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rundll32 UAC prompts: I know this issue kinda persistent through ages and windows versions. But has anybody ever found a fix for it apart from repair install? First I had this issue when I want to open my audio devices/sound controls (first on win7 but after a while I got it on win10 too) , now I...
  6. UAC Prompt Requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC Prompt Requirement: Recently, whenever I try and run something on my computer that need Admin Permission, I get prompted with a UAC pin requirement, is there any way I might get rid of this? My Dad has put the password on my Laptop and I am unsure as of how to bypass it. I just need help...
  7. UAC Elevation prompts?

UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  8. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  9. UAC prompt question

UAC prompt question: Found it - The dimming of your desktop is referred to as the secure desktop because other programs can't run while it's dimmed. User Account Control - MDSN Denis
  10. Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?: Edit: Marked as "Solved", because it looks like under Win 10 I can no longer do this quite the way I used to in Win 7, and I have multiple suggestions as to alternate approaches, any one of which ought to work. ((Moved from the "General" forum)) Can anyone help? I am...