Windows 10: UAC prompt for fsavailux.exe on boot

Discus and support UAC prompt for fsavailux.exe on boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a PC that is getting a UAC prompt on boot. User Account Control Blah blahblah Microsoft\fsavailux Verified Publisher: Microsoft Windows I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnBanks4, Jan 24, 2020.

1. UAC prompt for fsavailux.exe on boot

I have a PC that is getting a UAC prompt on boot.
    User Account Control
    Blah blahblah
    Microsoft\fsavailux
    Verified Publisher: Microsoft Windows
    I've checked the file on virustotal JIC, and its squeaky clean.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/67aee1184638666b5776af596e05043b12df0d719b21bf4bfeb8cda16796bfab/detection

Anyone have any ideas? Would love some assistance on this one, I'm stumped.

:)

JohnBanks4, Jan 24, 2020

2. UAC rundll32.exe prompt when opening the settings in the Control panel

I'm using Win 10 Home x64 with the newest updates. Recently every time I open the mouse, keyboard, sound and few more settings in a control panel I get an annoying UAC prompt that always includes rundll32.exe. I have to confirm every operation connected
    with rundll32.exe. It happens on any Windows account (admin or normal user). For example it looks like this when I try to open the "Playback devices" from the taskbar (it contains this path: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,playback):

UAC prompt for fsavailux.exe on boot fac3bc4a-6e04-4a92-8bdc-90e40ccf96ee.png

My UAC level is set to default level and I haven't detected any viruses. There's something interesting about the rundll32.exe file in the system32 folder. It has that little UAC icon (so it opens with the UAC prompt) and every other Win 10 PC I have shows
    the normal icon (there is no UAC prompt when I open it). Even after deleting the file and copying it directly from the another PC (retaining its permissions etc. with the xcopy command), it suddenly has this UAC icon. The same file in the backup WinSxS folder
    can be opened without UAC but when it's copied to the system32 folder, it changes immediately. It looks like rundll32.exe file in system32 folder doesn't have the flag "run as admin without the need for UAC elevation prompt" anymore. How can I solve this problem?

Majestic91, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

UAC prompt for fsavailux.exe on boot

UAC prompt really frustrating problem.

Hi Mitch,

For us to isolate what is causing the UAC issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the UAC prompt?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

UAC prompt for fsavailux.exe on boot

1. UAC prompt for fsavailux.exe on boot - Similar Threads - UAC prompt fsavailux

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. UAC Password Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Password Prompt: Hello!Now, in my system, when i try to modify it or run an program with administrative rights, it only shows an Yes or No prompt. I want to make it prompt asking for the user password.Is it possible?...
  5. Rundll32 UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rundll32 UAC prompts: I know this issue kinda persistent through ages and windows versions. But has anybody ever found a fix for it apart from repair install? First I had this issue when I want to open my audio devices/sound controls (first on win7 but after a while I got it on win10 too) , now I...
  6. UAC Prompt Requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC Prompt Requirement: Recently, whenever I try and run something on my computer that need Admin Permission, I get prompted with a UAC pin requirement, is there any way I might get rid of this? My Dad has put the password on my Laptop and I am unsure as of how to bypass it. I just need help...
  7. UAC prompt - .bat

UAC prompt - .bat: Windowsversion: 1903 Hey guys I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed. Think is, I have a file that I would like to run, but don't want to type in my administrator each time. I'd like right click on the file, and then be able to click on a...
  8. UAC Elevation prompts?

UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  9. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  10. UAC prompt question

UAC prompt question: Found it - The dimming of your desktop is referred to as the secure desktop because other programs can't run while it's dimmed. User Account Control - MDSN Denis