Windows 10: UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

Discus and support UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if a recent Windows 10 update changed something, or if I have a virus, or what, but my Win 10 Pro 64bit computer is behaving differently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Calab, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Calab Win User

UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

I don't know if a recent Windows 10 update changed something, or if I have a virus, or what, but my Win 10 Pro 64bit computer is behaving differently today than a day or so ago.

If I try to open the Task Manager I get a UAC prompt.

If I try to open Computer Management, I get a "This app has been blocked for your protection" message for MMC.EXE.

I just downloaded MalwareBytes software and Edge blocked the download because it may be harmful. I was able to select KEEP and install the software. I am currently scanning my system, but nothing found so far.

This messages normally do not appear on my system.

I have not installed any new software recently, except for Windows updates. My user is an administrator and the only user on the system.

One other item I've noticed is that some apps can take many minutes before they open. An example is Notepad. I clicked the icon in the Start menu and nothing happened. I then clicked on Notepad++ and it opened right away. After a few minute Notepad showed up.

This is a 64 bit Windows Pro installation, build 19042.685 of version 20H2 with experience pack 120.2212.551.0.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how I could fix it?

- - - Updated - - -

FYI... MalwareBytes scan just finished and found no issues. I am installing TrendMicro Housecall now to perform another scan.

:)

Calab, Mar 6, 2021

2. Task Manager prompt for elevated ID / password on Windows 10

In Windows 10, the task manager starts elevated every time and get hits with UAC every time when we check CPU and processor usage or view list of running proceses to see if Outlook closed completedly.

The task manager ran non-elevated, and you didn't face a UAC prompt in ​In Windows 7, verified all GPO settings is same as Windows 7 applied for Windows 10.

Any way to supress this Task manager UAC.

Thanks & Regards,

Jaghaddeesh .N

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

jaghaddeeshN, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Meaning of the various colors used in UAC prompts.

We suggest you to check on this link for more information
    with UAC controls.

The following are examples of prompt coding:

• The application blocked by Group Policy or blocked from a publisher.

UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened? c251659c-ed29-4929-89b9-15d5d55771bd.jpg

• An Administrative application like Control Panel that is asking to allow to run on your computer.

UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened? ca7105ce-1955-419e-b76c-606c70d1b0cf.jpg

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened? - Similar Threads - UAC prompt Task

2. Task Manager is triggering UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is triggering UAC: why is it triggering UAC? usually task manager just opens without triggering UAC but recently this started happening to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-triggering-uac/a3fce4e9-5058-4f34-b9eb-6fed20f17285
  3. Task Manager is triggering UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is triggering UAC: why is it triggering UAC? usually task manager just opens without triggering UAC but recently this started happening to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-triggering-uac/a3fce4e9-5058-4f34-b9eb-6fed20f17285
  4. Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer: I have had quite some problems with windows and reinstalled it 4 or 5 times, this last one made the task manager always asks for admin permission even though I'm an administrator. how could I put it back to normal so it doesn't prompt uac?....
  5. Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer

Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer: I have had quite some problems with windows and reinstalled it 4 or 5 times, this last one made the task manager always asks for admin permission even though I'm an administrator. how could I put it back to normal so it doesn't prompt uac?....
  6. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  7. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  8. What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?

What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?: Hello, I'm just kinda curious at what would happen if you end the Task Manager with Task Manager... Would it go into an infinite loop cycle similar to the "what if you deleted the recycle bin" theory of a black hole in your computer? Would it crash the program? Not...
  9. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  10. What the heck happened to Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What the heck happened to Task Manager?: Why does Task Manager no longer run on top of all other apps in Windows so that you can readily close apps/tasks that are causing issues on our systems - the way it used to???...