Windows 10: UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing

Discus and support UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Getting a problem with blank/missing YES option when trying to execute anything that requires UAC prompt.The NO option is there just fine, only the YES... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by K-Lye, Jan 3, 2022.

1. K-Lye Win User

UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing

Getting a problem with blank/missing YES option when trying to execute anything that requires UAC prompt.The NO option is there just fine, only the YES is missing.This is a new installation of Windows 10 logged in with microsoft account A and assigned admin role.Once fully setup, logged in with microsoft account B and also assigned admin role.Removed admin role from account A and now I have this issue.I can re-add admin role using account B and the YES option comes back but I do not want this account to have elevated privileges.Note, both microsoft accounts are pre-existing so I don't want to

:)

K-Lye, Jan 3, 2022

2. UAC Prompt YES Button gone

Hi Rafael,

I used your steps till step 10.

I rebooted my pc after doing the command-prompt but when I get to the login screen only my non administrator account is here where I have the thing with the no YES button.

What do I have to do now?

- Luseres

PerziosCraft, Jan 3, 2022
  3. UAC Prompt YES Button gone

Hey I had a Administrator account on my pc and tryd to remove it with

I did this command in CMD with UAC permissions and it worked,

I succesfully removed the account.

The problem is when I try to run a file as UAC there will be a popup like normal but there is only a NO button and not a YES button...

Its not greyed out its just gone...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me fix this problem because I need UAC really bad and I cant use

net user administrator /active:yes

Because that command needs UAC permissions :/

- Luseres /

PerziosCraft, Jan 3, 2022
  4. UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing

UAC Prompt YES Button gone

Hi Luseres,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you boot the PC into Windows Recovery Environment. Enable the built-in administrator account by using the Command Prompt in Windows Recovery Environment. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo to restart the PC.
    • Hold and press the Shift key and select Restart.
    • This will boot you into the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Choose an account to continue.
    • Type the following command to enable the built-in administrator:

net user administrator /active:yes
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Reboot the PC and use the built-in administrator to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Press Windows + R key once you boot into the desktop.
    • Type the command netplwiz to open User Account settings.
    • Select the account where the Yes option in User Account Control is missing.
    • Click on Properties > Group
      Membership.
    • Click on the Administrator radio button.
    • Select Apply, and click on OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing

1. UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing - Similar Threads - UAC Prompt YES

2. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  3. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  4. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. UAC yes button miss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC yes button miss: I have both admin account and standard user account for windows 10. As the admin account always show up when PC lock, so I revise the register as following to hide the admin account: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  6. UAC yes button miss

UAC yes button miss: I have both admin account and standard user account for windows 10. As the admin account always show up when PC lock, so I revise the register as following to hide the admin account: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  7. UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing: Getting a problem with blank/missing YES option when trying to execute anything that requires UAC prompt.The NO option is there just fine, only the YES is missing.This is a new installation of Windows 10 logged in with microsoft account A and assigned admin role.Once fully...
  8. UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing

UAC Prompt YES Button gone/missing: Getting a problem with blank/missing YES option when trying to execute anything that requires UAC prompt.The NO option is there just fine, only the YES is missing.This is a new installation of Windows 10 logged in with microsoft account A and assigned admin role.Once fully...
  9. UAC prompt with no 'Yes' button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UAC prompt with no 'Yes' button: Refering to a response concerning the absence of the yes button from the UAC prompt on January 23 2017. The proposed solution does not work because halfway through it the UAC prompt appears and - yes you guessed it - there's no 'Yes' button!!! Might be a good idea to check...
  10. UAC yes button missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC yes button missing: Hi! Whenever I try to do something on my laptop I get the UAC pop up Access is Denied. It appears that I am no longer an Admin on my own laptop. I have tried several methods of changing my account from Local to Admin with no success. Each time I am taken back to the Access...