Windows 10: UAC Prompt

Discus and support UAC Prompt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raymond Tan raymond.tan, Nov 30, 2021.

1. UAC Prompt

Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond

:)

Raymond Tan raymond.tan, Nov 30, 2021

2. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    UAC prompt really frustrating problem.

Hi Mitch,

For us to isolate what is causing the UAC issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the UAC prompt?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 30, 2021
  4. UAC Prompt

Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

UAC Prompt

1. UAC Prompt - Similar Threads - UAC Prompt

2. Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt: Opening any program has a 2-5s delay before the UAC prompt appear. But opening any other programs has no delay.Notes:sfc /scannowthe 3 DISM thingfast boot is disabled3 month old pc, all brand newonly 1 user account in pcall programs are installed in ssd hdd for storage...
  3. Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt: Opening any program has a 2-5s delay before the UAC prompt appear. But opening any other programs has no delay.Notes:sfc /scannowthe 3 DISM thingfast boot is disabled3 month old pc, all brand newonly 1 user account in pcall programs are installed in ssd hdd for storage...
  4. Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UAC Prompt Dosent Appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt Dosent Appear: Hello EveryoneEver Time. I Will Install A Browser. But Then It Dosen't Appering The User Account Control Prompt. How To I Fix That? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-prompt-dosent-appear/1cf71592-1295-4ea1-9fbc-56a8419046fc
  6. UAC Prompt Dosent Appear

UAC Prompt Dosent Appear: Hello EveryoneEver Time. I Will Install A Browser. But Then It Dosen't Appering The User Account Control Prompt. How To I Fix That? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-prompt-dosent-appear/1cf71592-1295-4ea1-9fbc-56a8419046fc
  7. UAC Prompt Dosent Appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  9. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  10. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming