Windows 10: UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10)

Discus and support UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to use the Snipping Tool on computer, it is prompting the User Account Control. I am an Adminstrator on my computer. I don't want to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jorg2195S, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Jorg2195S Win User

UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10)

When I try to use the Snipping Tool on computer, it is prompting the User Account Control. I am an Adminstrator on my computer. I don't want to turn it off, but I also don't want it to keep prompting me everytime I use the Snipping Tool.

:)

Jorg2195S, Dec 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

I started using Greenshot instead of Windows Snipping tool, I find it to be far more useful and now I'm so hooked on it, that I use it on any and every system I own or use.

http://getgreenshot.org/downloads/

I'd say give that a try, it has a send to printer option. You can use various commands, and it works so well that I only use the Snip tool if Greenshot hasn't been installed. Works great on 7/8/10, 2008-2016 in my experiences. Give it a try.

Edit: It's free as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - UAC Prompting trying

2. Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used: Hi,When I use the shortcut Wind_Shift_S or the Print Screen Key for the snipping tool in Windows 11 I don't get options/features of saving the image as I do when starting the app and using the app for screen capture.Is there a way to configure the app so that I get the...
  3. Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used: Hi,When I use the shortcut Wind_Shift_S or the Print Screen Key for the snipping tool in Windows 11 I don't get options/features of saving the image as I do when starting the app and using the app for screen capture.Is there a way to configure the app so that I get the...
  4. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  5. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  6. Greys out when trying snipping tool...

in Windows 10 Support
    Greys out when trying snipping tool...: [Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Bild)19042.928; Lenovo Laptop; Outlook/Word 2016; Google Chrome...(is there more?)]. Hello, I'm trying to take a screenshot of the language preferences in my taskbar, but when I open it and bring out the snipping tool, it greys out. Is there a work...
  7. Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut.: So, like the title says. I have Cortana turned off, and it's set to not listen anything, but half the time when I try to use the snipping tool shortcut (Win + Shift + S), Cortana decides to answer the call due to the (Win + S) shortcut. Now, I'm aware that there is an...
  8. Snipping Tool paste problem using Windows 10

Snipping Tool paste problem using Windows 10: When using Windows 10 Snipping Tool the user can copy an Icon for example from the desktop. However when pasted into any other document such as MS Word 2013 or Outlook the paste is blank and displays the word template ruler and or some miscellaneous none selectable icons...
  9. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  10. Cannot use snipping tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use snipping tool: HI all : I click on the snipping tool that I have pinned to my task bar , It opens on the 4 th monitor , in a small box . I can't click new . see the picture . thanks . I would really like to have this feature back ... [img] 111445