Windows 10: UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

Discus and support UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gregory L365, Nov 30, 2023.

1. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one linereg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v PromptOnSecureDesktop /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0 /f You can copy these commands to the remote using quick-assist's built-in chat, or an online chat like&nb

:)

Gregory L365, Nov 30, 2023

2. UAC Elevation prompts?

Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt?

And which one should I select for the Admin account?

Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials?

win10freak, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Superfly Win User
    Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?

Any elevation from Standard user should produce a UAC prompt - that's a security feature - to run the script as Admin silently from a non-Admin a/c you will have to include the username and password when elevating it.

The work-around is running it from a Scheduled Task with System rights, thereby not hardcoding or exposing the password in the script - the caveat is the task will need to be created/imported under Admin rights.

Superfly, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

UAC Elevation prompts?

During development testing for Windows 7 MS said they had never seen any malware manage to penetrate the secure desktop.

Additionally, whilst there are several hacking methods that claim to be able to get through to elevated permissions [without any admin prompt being seen] while the user is simply logged in with an admin account they all rely on UAC not being at its maximum setting.
    - There was one about three years ago that claimed to be able to do this despite UAC being at full but it seemed to have been circumvented by a subsequent Windows update and its actions could not then be replicated.

Denis

Thema:

UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

1. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin - Similar Threads - UAC prompts QuickAssist

2. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  3. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts: I'm trying to use my computer, and I'm a standard user.If I try to answer with the correct credentials I know they are correct because of the following responseAll i get is red text saying "The required process requires elevation." and i dont know what to do about this.I...
  4. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts: I'm trying to use my computer, and I'm a standard user.If I try to answer with the correct credentials I know they are correct because of the following responseAll i get is red text saying "The required process requires elevation." and i dont know what to do about this.I...
  5. Required Elevation on UAC Credit Prompts

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  7. UAC not prompting admin credentials

UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  8. Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt

Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt: I recently received a new laptop through work. I have full admin rights, but I have found that I am unable to paste anything in the UAC prompt whether I have regedit/gppolicy Secure Desktop enabled or disabled. I cannot disable UAC as it is against policy and I get a randomly...
  9. elevated admin command prompt

elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  10. UAC Elevation prompts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776